Back to boring?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thank goodness things are finally starting to calm down at school. I have been neglecting my family, friends and work in order to fill this ridiculous bill of school work lately. But here I am again :)
The trip to Indy was lack luster. There was one bed and three people (I was on the floor), way too much volleyball and I bought two things (one was a gift) at the biggest mall in Indiana! That is so unlike me I thought I was sick. I'm glad I didn't spend much money but I missed an opportunity.
What I woke up to the morning before I left. Don't tell me you wouldn't be sad leaving that face!
Oh and while we were there, my baby sister tried on prom dress. I can't even believe she's in high school yet but she looked beautiful in them all!
This isn't the one she chose, but it was classy and fit her perfectly!
We also got to roam downtown and see the Colts stadium and visit their grille (their chocolate cake is to die for).
Lucas Oil Stadium--such a nice touch for Peyton
Colts Grille (I'm telling you, get the cake!)

I've had so much on my mind this past week, namely wedding stuff. I missed my venue's first wedding showcase. I'm sure they'll have more in the 1.5+ year til my wedding, but I still wanted to be there. My fiance's awesome mom sent the form for the church to me the other day (thanks, Taletha!) and it really made it all real.
I told myself I wanted to have a longer engagement because I'd be in school while planning and everything, but I am regretting that so much now. Planning is too much fun. A friend jokingly asked me why we didn't just elope and I was totally honest in saying that I wanted my wedding the way I have been imagining it since the day we got engaged.
 I read somewhere that once you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with you want the rest of your life to start right away. I can't tell you how true that feels right now. 
So, I'll continue throwing all my time and energy into school and work to take my mind off the wait (689 days, but who's counting).
In school news, a series we submitted from our campus paper to the Society of Professional Journalists got first place in regionals (beating THE Ohio State University, no big deal) and is on to the national competition in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.! Hopefully I'll be there for the week long conference in Sept. and be able to bring home another award for our paper. I can't tell you how proud I am of our staff.
Until next time,
Genna

P.s. I'm starting to compile my summer reading list. Feel free to comment with any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!