About us

Thursday, April 12, 2012


*WARNING: SAPPY BLOG POST AHEAD!

I thought I'd use today to talk about us. Us as in my amazing fiance and I.
Adorable picture. Seems like just yesterday (was actually two years ago)

Cam and I met through mutual friends. His cousin and I went to high school together (he was home schooled).
He isn't really a romantic...okay he isn't at all. But I swear he cares about me more than anyone could. He tells me like it is with no BS which really pisses me off sometimes, but I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.
I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but I knew he was someone I could see myself with. We spent the summer getting to know one another and our groups of friends (my best friend is now dating his cousin and one of my other best friends is dating his same-aged-step-nephew).
We'd been dating for about a year and a half when we brought home our fuzzy bundle of joy. He was (and still is) like a child to us and I guess that's when I knew there was a sense of commitment there. Cam's not the type of person to half-ass anything, so when we got a dog together I knew this wasn't something that was going to end anytime soon.
Cam and Trigger the night we got him. 
Less than a year after we got Trig, Cam proposed. It was New Year's Eve and we were surrounded by our best friends. I mean all of them. The people that were there are the people that we know are going to be in our lives. Less than a minute after midnight he told me to go open the closest, where there was a flower and a note with his New Year's Resolutions on it (the last one was to ask me to be his wife). I turned around and he was down on one knee! Awww...It was certainly not what I expected, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Everyone knew (except me) and was anxiously awaiting it. One of my best friends, Taylor, even told me she started getting nervous for me before it happened!
Bawling...pretty typical. 
Oh yeah, and our friends covered us in confetti and silly string, which even Cam didn't know was coming!
My eyes are still red and I was looking rough, but this was an hour after when I had calmed down a little!

We've certainly had our ups and downs, what couple hasn't? Neither of us is confrontational so our fights are usually just really emotional conversations with a few low-blow words thrown in here and there (usually by me).
Cam has had such an influence on my life. He helped me through some times of depression repercussions I was still experiencing from my best friend's death in 2008, he got me saved and has taught me so much about life and learning outside of the classroom.
All in all, I owe this guy my life. And I plan on giving that to him by spending the rest of it with him.
In Columbus for my birthday last year


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!