It's not about being "skinny"

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lately I've been really down about my weight. I lost a lot of weight last summer, but basically stopped running after I was diagnosed with asthma. It's not that I can't run, I just haven't. Not to mention I hate it.
I'd like to blame my laziness on school (which, for the record has been really stressful and made my anxiety skyrocket) but I know I could've found time to work out if I really wanted to but I hate it.
I keep telling myself, "Okay, if you want to go wedding dress shopping in the fall, you need to get on the ball." But again, lazy.
And it's not that I want to be "skinny" (I hate that word) I just want to be healthy and lose these pounds that I know are doing nothing but hurt my body.
Well now I have new motivation: The Color Run, aka the happiest 5k...ever.
What happens is everyone wears a white shirt and proceeds to run/walk whatever. At every kilometer mark, they are covered in a different colored dust.
For example, at the 1k mark, you get yellow source
So you get a new color every kilometer and by the end, you're colorful and happy! 
And as a closing, everyone who ran gets a handful of the dust (it's 100% sanitary and doesn't harm anyone or anything, I checked) and throws it up in the air for an awesome poof of color.
Seriously, how cool is that?! source
My cousin and a few friends made a team, so I joined them since I may be in Columbus all summer for an internship anyway (I have an interview for that Thursday so PRAY! cuz the wait is also making me anxious).
Needless to say, I'm really pumped for this already and I'm happy I have something to work toward cuz if I don't do it I'll have wasted $40.
So pray for training and mental strength, cuz I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to running.
Genna

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're going to be in the Color Run as well! =) I hope I see you there & if you ever need a work out buddy let me know. =P I <3 you dude!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!