15 Day Challenge (Day 1 & 2)

Monday, July 2, 2012

I missed Day 1 (mainly because I discovered this about an hour ago) so I decided to combine the two. Yay for 15 14 straight days of blogging!
Day 1: Fifteen facts
1. I love a good book
2. Getting snail mail is one of my favorite things in the world
3. If I could spend the rest of my life somewhere, it would be in a hammock reading a good book
4. I've been attending a lot of weddings lately (some of friends, some for work (chair cover business)) and it makes me really excited for my own
5. I am a very emotional person (aka I cry...a lot)
6. My fiance told me last night he too is counting down til our wedding. For some reason him just saying that made me really happy
7. I am finally losing weight. I'm not sure how much I've lost, but my clothes fit better and that's all I really care about
8. I'm still dreading wedding dress shopping because of my weight (meaning I will probably procrastinate)
9. I have one pillow I cannot sleep without
10. Even though a Jeep was my dream car, I hate the gas mileage
11. Being in Columbus for the last seven weeks has definitely put a strain on my fiance and me. Not to the point of us breaking up, but it definitely makes things hard
12. Saying goodbye to my puppy every weekend is still the hardest thing I have to do
13. My Clarisonic is my bff. Not kidding it is the best beauty/skin product I've ever purchased. Worth every penny
14. Fall is my favorite season. I love cozy sweaters and warm fires
15. I am super organized

Coming up with 15 was actually harder than I thought. Onto Day 2!

Day 2: Six-word memoirs
A little lost, but mostly found
Red sky at night, sailor's delight
With God all things are possible

As it turns out, putting your life into six words is just as challenging. The first I came up with on my own but the second two were phrases that I've used to guide my life and have heard since I was a child (convenient that they are both six words).

Have a great holiday week!
Genna

12 comments:

  1. Genna,

    Your six word memoirs were perfect! I agree, it's hard to sum up your life in six words, but you did a good job!

    Congrats on the weight loss! As long as you feel healthy, you'll be fine!

    My mom has a Clarisonic and loves it too! I don't think I can justify the expense but it's definitely been a want for a while!

    Thanks for linking up! So excited to learn more about you over these next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sar! I totally understand about justifying it. I wavered back and forth on whether or not to get one and ended up splurging on it! And you are more than welcome for linking up. I love the idea!

      Delete
  2. Snail mail is pretty awesome, but an increasing rarity these days. My Uncle is selling his Jeep right now and my Grandpa asked if we wanted to buy it--no way! It's a nice car, nicer than ours, but low gas mileage is really important

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more, about all of it!

      Delete
  3. fall is my fave season too! a cup of coffee and a good book are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so relaxing and refreshing to me. Although I always want to just lounge around so my productivity level goes down the tubes, haha!

      Delete
  4. I love your first 6 word memoir! And I am an emotional person too, so I understand the crying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. And thank you!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the weight loss. I struggle with my weight and know it can be so hard. Your memoirs are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been having trouble with it for a while now...so I'm glad it's finally paying off. It's definitely not an easy task.

      Delete
  6. I've read a few entries where people have choice quotes or lines that they've heard in the past and I think it's a GREAT choice. Obviously there are things we hear in our lifetime that we connect with and we find strength in them.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    http://answersinthejourney.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!