15DC: Being me

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 11! Woot! Only four more days...boo :( Sarah, you need to host more link ups!

Anyway.... Day 11: one thing you would never change about yourself

I'm not sure if we're talking physical or personality-wise here so I'll do both :)

First: physically I would never change my eyes. If there's one thing I think is absolutely beautiful about myself it's my eyes. Both my parents have gorgeous blue eyes (thanks for the good genes, guys!) hence my having them.

A few examples for your viewing pleasure:
Senior picture
Senior picture
Recent example: terrible/weird photobooth shot from a few months ago
Personality-wise: I don't think I would ever change my curiosity. It may sound stereotypical, but as a journalist I question everything around me. Not necessarily in a negative way, just generally.

Outside of this challenge, I am wrapping up things at my internship! This summer has flown by and after this week I have two, count em, two weeks left. I am ready to be home.
Also, shout out to my cousin Maddie (because I know she's reading this and NOT working) for our awesome dinner last night.
And at said dinner, I made an epic discovery: new Coke machines.
Before you judge me, I'm from a small town. Things like this amuse fascinate me easily.
You pick a soda on the screen.... via

And it gives you a ton of flavor options for each! Magical people, simply magical. via
My small town mentality was showing. I was in awe. I had Strawberry Sprite (nomnom!) and tried some of my cousin's Raspberry Sprite and Lime Dasani.
I came to the conclusion that in order to be happy in life, I will need one of these in my house. Not questions asked.

Okay, enough of my random thoughts for the day. Happy hump day, have a great one!

8 comments:

  1. What kind of soda machine is that?! I have never seen it before!

    LOVE your blue eyes! And, if it helps, I do a weekly Thursday Thoughts that is just full of randomness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Coke machine. According to the lady at the restaurant, they're basically discontinuing their old dispensers and moving to these new awesome ones!
      Thank you :) I may have to join in on the Thursday Thoughts :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen those soda machines before and it BLEW MY MIND! crazy crazy!
    You have gorgeous blue eyes! Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! And thank you so, so much :)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a coke machine like that! I think I'd have to stare at it for a while before figuring it out.

    I think a lack of curiosity is why I wasn't a very good journalist. Or rather, I was good only at feature-y telling people's stories journalism. The rest always alluded me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The machine was seriously like something out of the future. I was sort of afraid to touch it at first. Curiosity is a big part of it, I think. Not sure if you can "learn" to be curious?

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!