15DC: The best

Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 9: Describe the best day of your life to date

This is so hard for me. I wish I could think of one day in particular with Kelsey, but we just had a lot of awesome days and a ton of individual memories that are now jumbled up into one.

However, I think my best day in particular would be a tie.

Day 1: when I met Cam.
I had been through a nasty break up a few months prior to and hadn't done much with my friends. My awesome friend and savior Deziree (no joke, she got me through some really rough times) and Emily practically pulled me out of the house. We ended up hanging out in a driveway with a few other people, which honestly was a typical Friday/Saturday night (for the life of me I can't remember the date, sometime in April) in our hometown.
A while later a friend of Dez's that we went to school with pulled up on his motorcycle with another guy (aka my future husband...who would've thought) and Dez jumps on the back of his bike and drives off and Emily jumps in the car to follow... leaving me and this guy.
Weird.
Long story short, I ended up riding with him and we got together a number of times in the following weeks. All down hill from there :)
But seriously, how weird is it that this random guy on a motorcycle would end up being my husband?

Day 2: the night he proposed which, of course, was nothing short of complete bliss and amazingness totally not a real word but it describes the situation pretty well.
It might seem cliche to use that night as my "best" day, but I just remember the feelings and the joy. It really was the best.

So needless to say, my fiance makes the best days even better :)
Have a great Monday!
Genna

8 comments:

  1. I love those! :)
    How cool is it that ya'll met like that!! You never know how thing will roll out, so that is just awesome'sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely unexpected, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. Love this, Genna! I just read your proposal story and it sounds adorable, so it makes sense why it's one of the best days of your life. I also love that you can very distinctly remember how y'all met. Nothing says love like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both were unique and special. I think that's why I remember them so well!

      Delete
  3. mmmm LOVE! That's great he makes the best days (especially because you'll want those when you're having tough times). That's the way it should be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely does! Thanks for the advice Megan :)

      Delete
  4. Awww. " makes the best days even better" Love that and I love your proposal story!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!