15DC: The second to last :( and 21 Jump Street review

Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's almost over. I may cry tomorrow.
Day 14: If you were only allowed to watch one movie the rest of your life, what movie would it be and why?

I'm gonna cheat and pick a series: Austin Powers.
via via via
Why? They're hilarious. Duh.
And believe it or not, these movies also hold some sentimental value for me and my family.

Before you judge, here's the story:
My family has a condo on Lake Erie. Both my parents grew up near there so the lake has always been really special to us. We used to go up there when we were younger before sports and other weekend activities started taking over our lives for a few weeks every summer. Heaven. Another family that was really close to ours would join us. In the evenings we would rent some movies and eat and veg on the couch. One of the favorites was always Austin Powers. Both our families would stay up late (no matter how long past our bed times) and watch all three of them. And they never got any less funny!

So the movies are not only hilarious, but they remind me of my childhood, family friends and those fantastic weeks spent playing in the water and on the beach.

Not too shabby, eh?

Now, as per your requests *drumroll please*, my movie review of 21 Jump Street!
First, just to clarify, I am not a professional movie critic yet so bear with me!
I had really, really high hopes for this movie. All my friends (IRL and blog friends) gave it some pretty rave reviews. There was quite a bit of cursing, which didn't really bother me that much, but if you're rubbed the wrong way by it I would not suggest this movie. However, the plot and the conflicts were really good. And the comedic parts were spot on. Like I said, if you're bother by cursing, don't. If not, do. This was a fun movie even though I watched it by myself. It would be a great date night movie, too

1 comment:

  1. oh man i remember when these came out years ago :)

    at least they are good for laughs!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!