Excuses for my lack of blogging

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm sorry, readers. I have literally done nothing since I moved home after my internship.
Not even joking yesterday I did so little that I got a neck cramp from laying on the couch watching the Olympics all day. Pretty pathetic, but totally worth it.
I told myself that since working 40 hours a week had left me little time to do what I wanted/needed to over the summer that the three weeks before school started I would get a ton done. So far, I've done very little. It's been five days since I moved home and I am just now finishing unpacking.
Geez.
Normally I am Little Ms. Organization, but it's just not happening this week. I'm trying to get ready for all the fun back to school stuff, too. Not working out.
The one thing I am pretty proud of is that I started running. After I got asthma last fall I pretty much quit, which was the death of my health streak. I'd lost a ton of weight and now I've put it all back on. Boo.
And check out my new running kicks! Light as a feather, which I love, and neon, which I also love!
But it's time to own up to my mistake and get back into it. After all, I do have wedding dresses to try on sooner or later please kill me now.
So do me a favor and hold me accountable as I restart my health journey!
Hopefully this week and I get into a normal blogging schedule again. We shall see.

PS- stop by and say hi: I am guest blogging for the lovely Abbey over at Finding my Forever today while she's on vacation!

6 comments:

  1. Uhm. Neck crap from couch? SUPER JEALOUS. Better than a butt-cramp from sitting at my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it could be worse! After working my butt off for ten weeks I feel like I deserve a day off!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I'm about to start going through the same thing. I had a baby in April and I've been wanting so badly to get back into shape. I can't run (thank you, knees!) but before getting pregnant I was obsessed with cycling. My husband just tuned up my road bike for me yesterday. I have no excuses left to not ride it again and get into shape... Plus, I signed myself up to be part of cycling event this Saturday. I have 4 days and I still haven't gotten on my bike. Ha!

    Anyway, I'll be keeping track of your endeavor and maybe I'll share mine in the comments here as I follow you. I'm definitely rooting for you, Genna! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the many things I love about the blogging community! It's so easy to support one another. Best of luck getting ready for this Saturday! I'm sure you'll be great :)

      Delete
  3. Your shoes are amazeballs! I just bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday that are purple and red - but I have giant man size feet so I have to wait for them to ship to the store.
    If anything will help you get back into the health kick it's the idea that you have to try on a wedding dress [I know it worked for me when I got married!]
    PS. I found you from Abbey's guest post - and yep, new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um I know. This whole wedding dress thing is plenty of motivation but I'm dreading it nonetheless! And thanks so much for following :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!