Last day of work & Psalm 62:5-8

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Today is my last day of work at my internship and it has given me plently to think about and reflect upon. When I came across this verse via Victoria's blog and had to stop what I was doing to think. Those verses are always the best, the ones that stop you in your tracks.
Lately there has been so much going on in my life. Between planning for the future, dealing with all the little things in the present and adjusting my life to the ever-changing circle of people around me. This verse made me think.

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. via


For me this said right away "Stop all your incessant worrying. You're focusing on all the wrong things!" which I am. I'll be the first to admit I rarely, rarely put God first when I have problems.
It gives me goosebumps to think about. 
Everything I do now seems minuscule, like it never mattered at all. All the drama and changes in my life are null, because I have a Refuge, a Rock, a Defense, a source of Strength and I shall not be moved.
Something to think about as I know we are all fighting our own battles, big and small.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful post :)

    hope it all works out for you even if it isn't what YOU thought it would be.

    god is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! And thanks for letting me borrow this from your blog :) things will work out in His time!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely right. It is so hard for me to keep my focus on what REALLY matters sometimes. Thanks for this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more. It always seems like there are so many more important things to do/focus on. You are so welcome :)

      Delete
  3. i am loving your sweet blog :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. Love your shoes!! I just got the Aqua, they're the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They are seriously amazing. Best running shoes I've owned to date!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!