The next 579 days

Monday, July 16, 2012

As we approach the 1.5 year mark until our wedding (579 to be exact (I may or may not have a countdown on my phone...)) I can't help but think about what comes after that.
Said countdown using the Tie The Knot app
After we got engaged it was all about getting the "big" stuff planned like the church, reception, food, etc. I wanted a long engagement A.) because my dad told Cam when he asked that his only requirement would be that I graduate before we got married and B.) so I had plenty of time to handle all the little details while I was in school.
First of all, I'm impatient and this whole waiting 2 years thing is getting old really fast.
Second, it's really hard to plan when I have no idea what comes after. Sure, I'm going to be married to my best friend and I'm confident we can handle what life throws at us.
But what if Cam (who graduates this December) gets a job in our hometown? And I (graduating next December) end up somewhere near Toledo or Lima or even somewhere that would be too far to commute? That could be a problem... and it's something we obviously can't plan for now and something that I'm probably not going to want to deal with when I'm focusing on finalizing wedding stuff.
I know that I have no other option but to pray and be patient (something I'm clearly terrible at) but I am definitely a plan ahead type of girl and this uncertainty is driving me up a wall.
On the other hand, a little spontaneity is good, even in big decisions, right? I sure hope so.
Have a good Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Aw man, that is a long time to wait! I think about similar stuff. Me and my boy aren't engaged or married. But we'll be graduating school at the same time and intend to stay together. So... how do we do that and both get jobs?? One of life's big mysteries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to plan for. Here's to hoping things turn out the way they're intended :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely think prayer and patience are key!
    Since yall are already committed i think planning ahead is important. Having those tough conversations (like the one you mentioned about potential jobs) is so important! You have to have them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough topics definitely come with the territory. Not always fun, but totally necessary!

      Delete
  3. Hang in there Genna. I know it's SUPER hard to have stress...especially in situations like that when your 'life' is in the loop. But I think God will make a decision for you and it'll be the best one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessie. I appreciate the advice. Life and faith are difficult at times like these!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!