Red, White and BOOM & Day 3

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tonight my lovely friends are coming to visit me! I am ecstatic to have someone coming down to my humble little apartment (hence my incessant cleaning last night) to spend some time with me. My fiance, best friend Taylor and her fiance Jordan are coming down to go to Columbus' one and only Red, White and Boom! I've seen very few big fireworks shows in my life, so you can bet I will be taking ridiculous amounts of pictures. Yay for tripods!

In other news, I am almost half way through week 7 of my internship. What? Where did my summer go? I'm confused...

As of Sunday, Cam and I have been engaged for six months. Again, What?! All my already engaged/married friends told me the time flies by but come on. Didn't see that one coming! And yesterday he told me that all the weddings we've been going to lately makes him really excited for ours. Awwww! What a cutie. I couldn't stop smiling after he said that. Honestly what guy really voices their opinions on their wedding? Not many. So the fact that I got an "I'm excited" out of him was a small victory in my book.

Onto Day 3 of the 15 Day Challenge. Having so much fun with this! Thanks Sarah for hosting such a great link up! Love meeting new blog friends through it :)

The first article of clothing that pops into my mind is a shirt I got after my best friend died my sophomore year of high school (which feels like just yesterday...). I spent a lot of time with her family (and still do) and when it came time to start going through her clothes, her mom, whom I also call mom, asked if I wanted anything. I was hesitant mainly because I didn't want to be taking anything from the family. Eventually I selected a volleyball team shirt with her last name on the back. The letters are peeling and the logo on the front is cracking, but I often think if there were ever an emergency at the house, that would be the first thing I would grab. 
Our last picture of just the two of us. From whatever bowl game OSU was in in Jan 2008
On that note, I miss you like crazy Kels. I hate that it feels easier now that so much time has gone by. I can't even remember what your laugh sounded like. You're still the best best friend I could have asked for and I regret every second I spent away from you. See you later <3 

GIVEAWAY ALERT
Attention all bloggers! Neely is hosting an awesome give away over at A Complete Waste of Makeup! Go enter now because I have a feeling this one is going to go fast.

10 comments:

  1. <3 Love this. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm glad you understand :)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the challenge. This is really touching.

    Alyssa
    alattelove1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyssa. I'm slowly making my way through the challenge sign ups so I'm sure I'll be by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  3. That's so nice that her mom offered you a shirt! I would cherish it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do. Thanks for stopping by, Abbey.

      Delete
  4. What a great way to remember your friend. I'm really sorry for you loss. I lost a really dear friend from high school and I would give anything to have something tangible to remember him by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it make things easier, but it definitely is a nice reminder of her.

      Delete
  5. Hey you. I'm here via the challenge. That's such a cool way to remember your friend and each time you wear it, it's like she's with you taking part in what ever adventure you're upto. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She feels a lot closer that way everytime I wear or even touch it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!