Some exciting happenings/lots of photos

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm back! Our vacation was good, but got cut short. I'll get to that later.
So much has been going on since I got back that I've hardly had time to think or do anything else for that matter.
Oh and as I'm writing this I'm wrapped in a blanket with my fuzzy socks on. Why? Because it's 63 degrees! The high today is perfect 75 and I am loving it.
A few pictures from vacation:
One of the families we went with has a monkey. So cool. Naturally I took hundreds of pictures.
Meet Jasmin:
She wears newborn onesies. Adorable.

She hopped from person to person and checked their hair (arms, head, legs) for bugs. 


She loved Cam's grandma. She sat there and made her little click noises at her all day.
Just enjoying her Mountain Dew.
Our trip got cut short when I got an email from the local paper about doing video in a hot air balloon during our city's annual Balloon Fest. I was supposed to go in one during my internship at the paper last year, but there ended up being a mix up with the number of media passes we had. So obviously I wasn't going to pass my second chance up.
We came home, I got up at 5:30 and headed to the field where we were supposed to take off. Unfortunately Mother Nature was a jerk that morning and the pilots/organizers decided it was too risky to fly.
Boo.
Needless to say I was crushed. But they did set up the balloons and let us walk about and take pictures/video. A picture I took even made the front page of the paper today!

Pretty cool, huh? Here's a few more of the pictures I took yesterday morning.
Steve, the pilot we followed around and did a video on.
The balloon next to us setting up.
Setting up with a few other balloons in the background.

Blowing up.
Inside of Green Lantern. 
Getting up.
The picture that was in the paper.
Even though we left vacation early, I got up at the crack of dawn and we didn't even end up flying, it turned out to be worth it.
And who knows? Maybe next year the third time will be the charm :)

4 comments:

  1. Monkeys are so funny. Love those pictures of her! And hot air balloons are SO cool! Fingers crossed for you for next year!!

    --Janae

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable monkey!! And that is so awesome that you got your picture in the paper. Congrats! :))

    New follower! Found you on A Complete Waste of Makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Breanna! Happy to have you, of course :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!