A little whining, a little thankfulness

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I started this post whining about how crappy school has been. It's been hectic and stressful and I was nothing more than to cry on Cameron's shoulder and tell him I want to quit and be a housewife.
Let's be honest, I would drive him to drink if I was underfoot 24/7.
I was sitting in my psych class texting Cam telling him that I just felt awful today. Not physically, but mentally. Then, like a little message from God, my professor started this video.
How coincidental amazing that the Lord would show this to me today? On a day when I am dragging, drained and pleading for a way out?
Of course, there are other things to be thankful for today. My freedom, my country, my rights. On this day 11 years ago I was home sick watching the news with my mom (who worked from home at the time) in her bed trying to make sense of what I was seeing on TV. Big planes, tall building, people jumping with no one to catch them. I was 9, what did I know?
Nothing. I knew nothing. I had no idea the impact this would have on my life, my country.
There is so, so much to be grateful for; so much to thank God for. Even the nearly 3,000 lives lost that day (and tens of thousands lost fighting for our safety since then) were a blessing while they were here.
Needless to say, my feelings this morning now seem minuscule in comparison. I have so much in my life that there is no reason to not be happy and thankful for it everyday.
I am blessed. I am happy. I am free.

11 comments:

  1. Oh!! There is no one more motivational than that guy! I LOVE his videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is amazing! Definitely puts things in perspective.

      Delete
  2. Hi, following via gfc and twitter from the hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the drained feeling associated with the beginning of school like nobody's business. I just have to keep reminding myself that I should be thankful for the choice I have to go to school :)

    New follower from Blogworking Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very thankful, it's just so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for stopping by, Kim! I'm glad to have you :)

      Delete
  4. I love it when things like that happen in my life and I know even more how much my savior loves me. I am a new follower with the blog hop, come follow along http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it happened I didn't even realize it then I started thinking and I was like "Whoa, there is a sign right in front of me and I almost missed it!"

      Delete
    2. And very happy to have you, Sarah Jane!

      Delete
  5. I love him, i've seen some of his talks before, he's absolutely incredible. He actually just got married :) <3
    It definitely keeps things in perspective doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's so sweet! He definitely gives me a new way of thinking. I keep replaying his quote "I love living life. I am happy." quote over and over in my head. It's a small phrase, but it is so loaded and powerful.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!