Deep breaths

Monday, September 17, 2012

Thanks to everyone who supported my Frankly Friday post about blog things that annoy me. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets agitated by some of those things!
*
Things have not been going well lately. If you know me, you know I get stressed and freak out easily, which makes school a real pain.
On top of my five extremely demanding (mostly research and project heavy) classes, I run the campus paper and work on the campus TV station. These are huge time commitments and not things I can blow off if I need more study time or homework time.
Earlier this week we were nearing our Tuesday noon deadline to send the paper to print when I got a call from our adviser telling me two stories needed work. Ugh. So I go into the office and start working. Obviously I can't not go in, or else the paper wouldn't be finished.
I worked, and worked, and worked. I worked right through my science class, which we normally don't do much in, but I need to go to that class. I have so much trouble with science and math that it's nearly impossible for me to understand unless I hear it reiterated for me.
And of course the day I missed the class my professor announced there would be a test the next class and went over a bunch of review material. He posted review questions on our class page and I looked them over, but got so frustrated by the fact that I didn't remember a damn thing that I just quit.
I failed the test and failed it hard.
Obviously this stressed me out. I was upset with myself, upset with the situation, upset with the fact that I know I could have done better but I just didn't try.
Needless to say I'm struggling. With school, with myself, with my faith, everything. I'm doing my best to remind myself that God will not give me anything I can't handle, and that taking deep breaths is key to keeping my sanity.
That said, please forgive me, dear readers, if I'm a little MIA while I try to get myself together. This week is going to be a catch-up week for school followed by a long weekend at the lake doing homework and hopefully relaxing.


6 comments:

  1. Take your time, Take deep breaths, and focus on what you need to focus on, i'm sure everyone completely understands if you're mia a little bit! <3 you!!!
    By the way...
    I nominated you for the versatile blogger award in my post today!

    I've enjoyed reading your blog and i want all of my readers to find you too! :) happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying! Sometimes easier said than done though.
      And thank you so, so much. I'm seriously honored. Hopefully sometime this week I'll get around to nominating/doing my own post!

      Delete
  2. Heyy!

    I'm a new reader of yours and think you are brilliant!

    I hope you start de-stressing soon and everything starts working out for you.

    All the best,

    Katie :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. I'm so glad to have you here! And thanks for your kind words. I really do appreciate them :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are a busy girl!!! I get like that a lot, too many commitments and not enough time=a stressed out and tired Bri. Get yourself some sleep, some shopping therapy, and take the week to re-coop!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad to have you :)

    Bri Rios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do my best :) Thanks for the advice, Bri! And I love your blog. I stalked a ton on your posts last night!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!