On being content + big weekend plans

Thursday, September 20, 2012

My apologies for being a crappy blogger lately. More apologies for only posting about how miserable I am when I do post.
Really, my life isn't all that bad, and definitely not as bad as I tend to make it seem. I have a family that loves me, a fiance who is seriously adorable, the best little furbaby, a successful career (thus far) and a solid faith.
See? The cutest. This is my Trigger cuddling with my leg while I did homework this weekend.
He does not appreciate when I do homework because it means no playing time.
What more could a girl ask for? Nothing.
And I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I'm always wanting more. I want a better wardrobe, a better car, the new iPhone, an updated Macbook, want, want, want. Why am I not happy with what I've been blessed with?
I blame society. I know it's me too, but if society wasn't always telling me that I need these things, would I want them at all?
But I did buy myself a wax warmer this weekend cuz I deserved it.
And I want it to smell like fall (aka the best season ever) in my room.
I wouldn't mind living in simpler times when what you had, which was just enough to get by, was sufficient. Then again, it's cool to have options.
*
Now that that's off my chest, time for weekend plans! Yes, it's only Thursday, but my weekend starts after my last class today at 12:15! Woooo! Serious excitement.
Anyway, we're (Cam and I) headed up to my family's lake house with some friends for the weekend. Why? Cuz we can, dang it! It's sorta summer's last hoorah for us. We did this last year and it was a lot of fun. The boys fish in the morning and cook fish for dinner which I hate so, so, so very much because fish is gross and it makes the whole house smell but you can bet your behind I'll be bringing my new wax warmer to attempt to combat that.
I'm ready for this break and some extra time to catch up on school stuff while lounging with no obligations. Oh and picture time! I have not had any time to break Ned (my camera, of course. Who doesn't name their camera?!) out just for play in a long while. I plan on sitting on the beach and just snapping away for an hour or so.
Hopefully capturing a few of these gems. It's the little things.
Does that sound amazing or what?
Oh and I'll have limited Internet connection so if you don't get an update til Sunday, don't be surprised!
Have a great weekend everyone :)

4 comments:

  1. We definitely live in a society obsessed with having the "latest and greatest" and not being content with what we own....
    HAVE FUN this weekend!
    I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I'm not the only one that came to this realization :) Have an awesome weekend yourself!

      Delete
  2. I sometimes wish I lived in simpler times, but then I think, even if it is hard I CAN live in simpler times! I just have to put forth the effort to push the WANTs out of my mind. I feel like it can get really hard in blogging too where everyone is posting new outfits and "LOOK AT MY PRETTY HOUSE" posts and all that, so I try to be selective about my blog following as well. My being content in my life is more important than "needing" to follow someone's blog. Ya know?

    Hope you have a great weekend and RELAX!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely can, but it's damn near impossible for me to go a weekend without checking my email (mainly because of school stuff) so it'd be hard. And your blog is definitely not one of "those." I agree, a cute post about how you DIY'd your mirror or whatever is fine, but the constant bragging posts are too much. I'm feeling a thousand times more relaxed already. Have a great weekend yourself! And I hope your little one is feeling better :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!