Recent (hilarious) finds

Thursday, October 11, 2012

My remote car starter has been acting up recently, so I took my car back to where we bought it and had them fix whatever the problem was. Except it took about three hours to fix (allegedly they were working on it the whole time, but I think that's crap. I digress) so I made my merry way over to one of my favorite places that happened to be in the same strip mall and found me a few little gems.
The following three things I found at Pier 1, one of the best places on the face of this planet.
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Photo 1: cover Photo 2: An example of the quotes that are on each of the left pages and Photo 3: The space to write about what is wrong with people and at the bottom "conclusion about humanity"
If you know me at all, you know I need that journal by my side 24/7. The first few pages are more hilarious examples of things that irritate intelligent people and some studies of how journaling helps relieve stress and anger. I journaled on a pretty consistent basis before beginning blogging, so having a journal specifically for venting=awesome. I broke it in last night. Felt amazing.

My new meeting notepad
I've been going to a lot of meetings lately for the various organizations I'm involved in on campus. Nine times out of 10 they're pointless and it infuriates me or I have no place to take appropriates notes. Annoying. This little baby should do the trick. Notice how under notes you can check off "noted" and under doodles you can check off "doodled?" Perfect for me.

When I showed this to my boyfriend he laughed and pretended to cry and said "Where have you been all my life?!"
I am kind of a nutcase, I admit it. I freak over little things, occasionally burst into tears and panic about nothing (for example, I cried the other day when my mom wouldn't answer her phone to tell her about something and panicked when my dad had indigestion cuz I was sure he was having a heart attack and was going to fall asleep and die. I. Am. A. Mess.) So this may save my life, or at least help a little. My favorite check boxes are under "The problem likely stems from" category and one option is "chocolate" and the option is "no chocolate." I would say more often than not my problem is no chocolate. Can I get an amen?!
Needless to say, although I was really irritated about the wait for my car and the terrible customer service, these three buys eased the pain. I bought them thinking I would give them as gifts eventually, but I decided I need them more than those I know ;)
Oh and they're all Knock Knock products if you'd like to see more hilariousness.
Note: all of the above is my opinion. I was not sent these items, paid to endorse them or asked to review them. I purchased, used/plan to use and founded the formerly stated opinions all on my own. Because I'm a big girl. I don't know why I'm writing this, but all the other bloggers do when they write about their stuff, so I feel validated in doing so. And fine print is a lot more fun when you get to make it up. If you read all that, suckaaaa!

4 comments:

  1. a lot of my problems stem from NO CHOCOLATE as well. :)
    Those are fantastic buys!
    My remote start isn't working either and my "check engine" light is on, it's done this a few times but A. it's fixed itself after a while and B. i don't have the money to dish out for that at the moment and C. getting stuck for a few hours is NEVER fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with all of this. Cars are wonderful, but they're high maitenance!

      Delete
  2. I love those, so funny! I bought one of my friends one of their notepads for her birthday, they're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!