Small blessings

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's been a rough couple weeks. My anxiety has been a bear to deal with and school has been very stressful. Of course, I put a lot of this burden onto my poor fiance, bless his heart.
Why he still puts up with me? I don't know. I guess I make him happy or something.
But Monday night I came home after a 12+ hour day of school, work and my little sister's volleyball game to this on my bedroom floor.
First thing I did? Tense up and check behind the bed. I was scared he (or God forbid someone else) was going to jump out and scare me. And since I've been so jumpy (anxiety) lately, I would have probably peed myself.
Second thing I did? Cry. Judge me as you will, but this was such a small, beautiful gesture. Did he have to do it? No. Did I ask him to? No. Was it for any reason other than loving me? No.
Believe me, ladies. Polite, Christian gentlemen still do exist. I'm lucky that I snagged myself one!
My dilemma? How the heck do you top that?! I want to do something for him because he has done so much for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! What a sweet surprise! Points for your fiance for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet...SO SWEET! :) <3
    You could totally send him on a scavenger hunt that ends with coffee+you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! I was thinking of something like that. Not sure if I'm creative enough to come up with one. Haha :)

      Delete
  3. aw how sweet is that? You've got yourself a keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! He knows exactly what I need when I need it :)

      Delete
  4. That is perfection! Extra kudos to the ol' fiance for this!
    As far as doing something for him - maybe you could do something that he loves but you're not particularly fond of? My husband is a farmer and he loves it when I go down to the shop and 'help' him, even though the entire time I'm thinking of all the things I have to do at the house.
    Or cook him his favorite dinner - it may not seem like a big enough comparison to what he did for you - but I bet he loves it nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fiance is into hunting. He's been trying to get me into a tree stand with him for years so maybe now is the time!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!