Sunday Confessions v2

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Linking up with my new blog friend Alyx again for SC.

1. The situation I mentioned in this post is semi-resolved. It wasn't pretty (and still sort of isn't) but what's done is done.

2. Yesterday was my little sister's sophomore homecoming. She looked so grown up and pretty, but it made me sad 1. because I miss dressing up for dances and 2. because she looks so old.

3. Headed to a Browns game today with my cousin, her bf, Cam, my brother and his gf. I'm a Broncos fan, but the game will be fun anyway, I'm sure.

4. I sold my iPad yesterday. I loved it, but paying for wedding stuff is my priority right now and since I have a Mac and an iPhone already, I figured it was time to make a cut.

5. I had a meltdown Thursday. Long story short, my brother missed the bus from his campus to Ohio State (where his girlfriend goes and where I was supposed to pick him up. So, I drove an extra hour and a half to get him, adding three hours to our trip (about eight hours total). To top that off, I got my first speeding ticket. In Ohio, most highways are 65, but this one was 55 so I was going 72 in a 55. Boo. So I cried. A lot. I've been trying to hard to save money and that was just a miserable set back for me. I had a silent meltdown (cuz I didn't want my brother and his gf to see) and it was a messy one. Ugly crying for the win!

What are you confessing?

14 comments:

  1. Speeding tickets are the worst! They always come at the most worst time ever, that happened to me on multiple occasions before I figured I should stop driving so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more. Terrible timing! But after my already 6-hour drive that was supposed to be 3, I was ready to be home!

      Delete
  2. GOSH. Speeding ticket is horrible!!! So sorry about that.

    I too sold my iPad because i had a macbook pro and iphone. But then, my brother had an extra iPad 2, and he sold it to me for dirt cheap. i'm a sucker. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rima. It was definitely unfortunate! And lucky you! Maybe I'll luck out and find myself another ;)

      Delete
  3. My husband is a huge Browns fan! I am a German and I am still trying to understand the rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was a good day for him! Good luck with those rules. I've been watching football all my life and I still only understand a few things!

      Delete
  4. Booooo speeding ticket! Just a speed bump (womp womp) on the road to saving money though. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baha. Best speeding play on words ever. Hopefully I get there sooner rather than later. But no speeding there for this girl.

      Delete
  5. Man, I'm sorry about the speeding ticket! I would have cried, too! I'm sure it will all work out and that you'll get the mOney saved that you need to!
    Hope this week is a little better for you!!
    Thanks for linking up, Genna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! And I hope it does, too.

      Delete
  6. Good for you with getting priorities in line (i.e. selling the ipad for the wedding)!
    AND BOOOOO for getting a speeding ticket. The one time i've gotten one i cried and cried.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those "Come to Jesus" moments for me. I realized I haveeee to start giving things up to get ahead.

      Delete
  7. bummer about the speeding ticket! hope you had fun at the Browns game yesterday, Sunday is always football time in my household except for us it is the Chargers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I'm a Broncos fan, so I guess we're destined to be enemies tonight ;)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!