Sunday confessions v3

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Link up with Alyx here!

1. Today is gonna be awesome.
Why you ask? Because I get to cover the Romney/Ryan rally on campus! Originally it was just supposed to be Ryan, but Romney hopped in yesterday which is awesome. I'm covering it for the local paper, but since it's on campus of course I have my campus newspaper staff ready for action!

2. I'm probably more excited about seeing Big and Rich than Romney.
Gov. Rom (we're on a nickname basis (in my mind)) has had tons of artists with him this tour like Meatloaf and Big and Rich. Supposedly Big and Rich will be with him this round and I'm psyched.

3. You guys are fricken amazing.
So during my Frankly Friday post this week I got really deep and talked a lot about what I've been dealing with lately. I could not have asked it to have turned out better than it did. I have so much amazing support and friendship in the blog community. I can't even imagine how I dealt with half this crap before I met you guys *sniffle*

4. Tomorrow begins Herbalife. Lord help me.
I have also mentioned a few times that's I'm starting the Herbalife program, and my official start date is tomorrow. Yikesss.

5. Halloween is ridiculous. Fact.
When did Halloween transition from a fun, wholesome reason for kids to play dress up to an excuse for girls to dress like complete sluts?! I will never understand and not because I don't have the body to wear basically nothing skimpy outfits, but I guess because I was raised to understand modesty and respect myself to earn respect back. These girls make me sick. The fact that they manage to turn a wholesome thing like the ninja turtles or big bird into an outfit of maybe one square foot of fabric baffles me. UGH. Rant over.

Have a good rest of your weekend and don't forget to link up with Alyx!

12 comments:

  1. Blog friends are always the best, most supportive people! I can't imagine life without my blog peeps. :)

    On Halloween... even if I had a body that could wear those skimpy outfits I wouldn't. The thought of that much exposed makes me want to hide in a closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha well I would totally be in the closet with you! Woooo!

      Delete
  2. I don't really care what girls (over 18 anyway) dress like, I think it's silly and always imagine they would be terribly cold in October but it's a point in their life that they will hopefully outgrow and learn from.

    No idea what Herbalife is but is sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all very true! One would think they freeze! And herbalife is a protein shake type thing to help boost metabolism for weight management.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Sounds like you have quite an exciting day (and week) ahead of you!

    The Herbalife program sounds promising by the way! When I started exercising/changing my way of eating, I really liked Tosca Reno and her Clean Eating program. She places the emphasis for weight loss and good health on 80% Food/Nutrition/Healthy Eating + 10% Exercise/Training + 10% Genetics.

    I always prefer something cute compared to sexy and/or revealing for Halloween. I completely understand your point of view and I couldn't agree more :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about starting Herbalife, but nervous! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Halloween. Sometimes I feel like I'm totally alone thinking that.

      Delete
  4. Halloween annoys me, for the very fact that everyone takes the liberty to dress inappropriately, and act even worse. I'm looking forward to having kids some day, so that I can go to all of the parties that are Rated PG... not NC-17.

    What a busy next few days! Good luck with everything =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more. It's an excuse to dress and act like a fool!

      Delete
  5. Girl, PREACH...i'm SO SICK of seeing SO MUCH SKIN ON HALLOWEEN!!
    It is NOT cute, it's frustrating, and it makes me angry. :)
    Covery ourselves up haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are soooo many options for cute, modest costumes, yours being a perfect example! Girls these days leave nothing to the imagination!

      Delete
  6. 1. I'm lame and am JUST now reading these - sorry.
    2. How did your first week with Herbalife go?
    3. Last time I checked, it was Halloween, not Skankoween. That was a horrible joke, but you get the idea.

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally fine, just blame it on the pregnancy and no one will know the difference :) And Herbalife is awesome so far! There's so many different recipes I don't feel like I'm drinking the same smoothie twice a day, everyday.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!