Surprise!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My fiance is pretty awesome. If you don't think so, please refer to this post. Carrying on...
I'm going to try to make a long story short here, but I got a new engagement ring. Sorry to keep it from you, but I wanted to surprise you all when I got it!
Here's a short synopsis:
Boy and girl decided they're in it for the long haul.
Boy and girl shop for rings, which are way too expensive for two unemployed college students
Boy and girl agree that they'll buy a used ring, then trade up when the time (and finances are right)
Boy and girl (recently) started looking and ordered a ring which wasn't supposed to arrive for a while
Girl was supposed to be informed when the ring came in, but boy changed it to his phone number without her knowing
Boy shows up at girl's office today (after tons of phone calls asking "What are you doing?" "Are you busy?" "Oh, just bored..." which girl was totally oblivious to, apparently) with an open ring box and a big, shiny new ring in it
Girl starts crying (it felt like being proposed to all over)
Boy is waaaay too proud of his sneakiness and has the biggest smile on his face
*
So there's the story, and here's the ring!

It's simple, classy, exactly what I wanted, totally different than the first ring and the ring I've always dreamed about. And I love it so very, very much.
It may seem too plain for some people, but that's how I like it. Not to mention it'll match any wedding band and really be enhanced by it!
So that's my exciting and awesome Monday. Oh and I started my Herbalife shakes and they're delicious! I imagined powdery, nasty shakes that I'd have to really try to suck down. Not these babies!
Happy Herbalife day 1!

16 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I love it!! I love the simplicity of it!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My sisters are more about bling, but this is simple and classic to me.

      Delete
  2. Love the new ring! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am in love with it too, obviously :)

      Delete
  3. It's so pretty! My mom has a similar ring -- one diamond -- and I always loved it growing up. I never realized engagement rings could be anything else for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely classic! My style to a tee!

      Delete
  4. SO beautiful!!! :) :)
    <3 how he surprised you with it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! He's a keeper, for sure ;)

      Delete
  5. ooo! I love it! So simple and beautiful!


    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee I know! So classic and so me!

      Delete
  6. That's so sweet! And love your ring!! It's gorgeous! I love the simplicity, the classic look! Beautiful! P.S. my sister is all about the bling too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it too, obviously ;) and I get what you mean about the simplicity and classic. That's my style in a nutshell!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE IT!!! I think simple is better with an engagement ring, because that diamond is totally showcased. I also love that he surprised you with it, what a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. It makes the one diamond really stand out. And he really is :)

      Delete
  8. Your ring is pretty and it does NOT look plain. Look at how many women insist on getting huge diamonds, and then get divorced within 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! So true and so hilarious at the same time. They focus more on the diamond then the marriage.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!