A really crappy Sunday confessions v4

Sunday, November 11, 2012


As stated above this is gonna be short, sweet and crappy.
If you've been following along for a while you know that I lost my best friend almost five years ago. Feels like just yesterday, but I miss her tons.
Thursday night her little sister, with whom I am still very close, tweeted my and said, "ive been thinkin about you and kels, all those times i wouldn't leave yall alone and how mad shed get at me. i miss her, and you❤"
This spoke volumes. First, she really was that annoying little sister of your friend that you couldn't stand, but now she and I have a really, really unbreakable bond. We went through something together that I can't even put into words, and something beautiful has blossomed from it. 
Second, she misses me and her sister. Her sister has been gone for almost five years, but I'm still here. I'm sort of failing as a fill-in big sister, and that rocked me to my core.
I miss Kels everyday, more now than even as I'm trying to plan my wedding without my best friend. It's a feeling and process I wouldn't wish upon even my worst enemy.

I confess, I've been a lousy sister to this beautiful girl who needs me and I miss her sister more than ever.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're missing Kels so much. That's kind of lame to say, but I know grief goes through stages where it's easier and stages where it's harder, and it sucks either way. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I feel like it cycles around, like somedays I'm fine, then I'm angry, then I'm just depressed. Grief sucks, basically. Love you!

      Delete
  2. thinking of you - I am sure you are reading more into the tweet- I am sure she really does miss you... but I am sure she doesn't think you are being a crappy fill in sister! hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right, but it helped me analyze things I think. Thanks so much for the support :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, Genna. I wish I could do something for you! But I know that even though you will always miss your best friend, eventually it will get to the point where it doesn't hurt so much to think of her and remember her. If you ever need anything I'm here for ya!

    Thanks for linking up last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time has definitely healed most of my wounds, but every now and then a scab gets ripped back open. Thank you so much for the support :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!