Frankly Friday v7

Friday, November 9, 2012

Before getting into one of my favorite link ups, just wanted to give a big hello to all my new followers! You guys are awesome and I'm sincerely happy to have you all along for the ride. If you haven't already, start here to learn more about me and this little blog of mine.
Lately I've been telling you way too much a lot about my major and future career. Well today I'm gonna talk about it again briefly, so bear with me.
I constantly wonder if I'm on the right path. Is journalism where I'm supposed to be? Can I picture myself if a newsroom for the next 40 years? Will it support myself and my family? Can I count on a decent job market when I graduate? Will I have to go to a big city?
Frankly, it's terrifying to imagine and I really don't think I can.
I may be so worried just because of the stress of things, but I don't know if what I'm doing is right for me. I know there's something, and I love what I'm doing, but I'm just not sure if it's that thing for me.
Clearly, there's a lot of uncertainty for me right now, so if you could pray for me, I would appreciate it more than you know.
Sorry this is so short, school is swallowing me whole this week. Have an awesome weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Short or not, you were FRANK!
    Girl, you've got my prayers, seriously.
    I know what you mean, sometimes we get side tracked and completely overwhelmed when thinking about the future and what our "jobs" can do for us in regards to providing for ourselves (and a family).
    I think a LOT of the times Satan attempts to completely separate us from our passions and our callings, by using the age'old tactic of fear. {girl this happens to me all of the time}. SO pray for discernment, for guidance, and for a peace if this is what God has pulled you to do. If you have that peace, run after it, if you're still unsettled, pray for a new door to open! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheter it's a new door, or just showing me this is the right door, I sure hope He gives me something to go off of. Thanks so much, Amy!

      Delete
  2. genna - definitly saying some prayers for you girl. i know sometimes with the uncertainty of life it is overwhelming and so confusing but trust in Him. His plan is perfect. Beautiful blog! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Denise. It truly means so much to me. And you are right, His plan is the right plan. Hard to remember sometimes.

      Delete
  3. James 1:5... it's my favorite verse and most prayed prayer. I think it will help you in this time of uncertainty. I'll let you look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is soooo applicable to my life right now! Thank you so much, Laura :)

      Delete
  4. You've got my prayers! And things will work out, don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!