Sleep deprivation: a plethora of random thoughts on Thursday (v5)

Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's been a while since I linked up with Sar:
1. I have been running on empty lately so forgive any mistakes in this blog. I have gotten very little sleep (for no good reason) and feel like I'm battling my body at every turn.
Take Monday night for example. I didn't have class until noon on Tuesday but I was exhausted so I decided to try to go to bed early. No such luck. Around 1 a.m. I finally must have drifted off, but I was wide awake by 4:30. 
What gives?
So by 5 I was back to sleep..........and by 9 I was wide awake again. I gave up trying and just got up.
The problem: I'm. still. exhausted. I can't sleep when I want need to and that's causing some serious brain farts lately.
I don't drink caffeine, I don't eat close to bed time and I don't do any late-night exercising to wake me up. Suggestions?

2. Along those lines, I get so, so tired in class. Especially with the lights off when we're going over a PowerPoint. Um, yawn. You know how in class you start feeling your eyes get heavy but you convince yourself you're still awake until you feel your head drop and you just shoot up? Yeah, that's really embarrassing when you're sitting at the first row of tables and you know everyone behind you saw it and it probably making fun of you silently.

3. I sent in our deposit for our wedding photographer this weekend. Eeeeeee! Between finding my wedding dress, getting surprised with a new engagement ring and now booking the photographer, I'm getting super excited. Sure it's still 471 days away (but who's counting?), but time has flown by since we got engaged, so I'm sure the next year-ish is gonna go even faster.

4. I have my outfit and what I need to do (hair eyebrows, makeup, nails) for engagement pictures! So. much. freaking. excitement. Can you tell?

I really did have a fifth planned, but I totally spaced. Oops. Oh well!

12 comments:

  1. Yay photographer! So exciting! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the engagement pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genna! I didn't know you were a blogger. I went to church with Cameron and lived in Findlay my whole life. How fun- another Findlay blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda new to it, but I love it! I bet we're the only two in Findlay, too! Hope all is well in Arizona.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Photos are the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for having your photographer booked! That was my favourite part of the wedding was our photographer! Seriously loved her. I recently wrote a love letter to her on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ours and I've only met with her a few times. She came highly recommended by a few friends, so I just know they're gonna be perfect!

      Delete
  6. Great post, I love your blog and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me, Kelly Ann! So happy to have you :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!