Ugh, Monday. And a blog poll.

Monday, November 26, 2012

This breakwas such a tease. No class Wednesday through Sunday made me crave my break between semesters which starts the second week of December and lasts four glorious weeks. Thanksgiving was uneventful, just the way I like it. Thursday was Cam's family's lunch and my mom's side of the family's late lunch. We also celebrated my birthday with my mom's family. Yay! It has me super excited for my actual birthday now, which is in a mere nine days away.
My "cake." Love me some pumpkin anything :)

I also got to spend some more time with my favorite little guy, Oliver. Please ignore my double chin and his drool.
My future in-laws got me this for my birthday. It's so realistic with the dials and buttons and number on the lens.
Of course the weekend after Thanksgiving means decorating in our household! If the tree looks like a total modpodge, that's because it is. There's no rhyme or reason to them, they're mostly ornaments we made, obtained during family vacations, or ornaments that have been passed down through generations and have lots of sentimental value.
Pretentious pup sat with his legs properly crossed at the ankle the whole time the tree was being decorated.
Here's the important part of this post: we got my wedding bands Saturday and I can't decide. Should I wear them as a wrap (I couldn't find a wrap I liked so we just ordered two thin bands) or should I just wear one and add the other as an anniversary band later on?
Input it greatly appreciated :) Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I'd wear one and add the other as an anniversary present... but you might not want to wait that long to wear both! :) They're beautiful.

    LOVE the dog crossing his paws! Ours does that & it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both it's going to be hard to wait! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I have no idea about the rings! But I like how they are in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I love them both so who knows how long I'll be able to hold out ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the rings! I'm bad at making choices though. Ha. Also, love that your tree is modge-podge. Our family tree is too. There's ornaments on it me and my sisters made as long ago as kindergarten and preschool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of ours are like that as well! It's just so much more meaningful than a "put together" tree to me.

      Delete
  4. The rings are gorgeous!
    I'm honestly not sure what to tell you, having it as an anniversary present later on would be a great idea, but it also loks beautiful as-is and you wouldn't have to worry about mis-placing it until the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of the possibility of losing it! And that is totally something I would do, haha.

      Delete
  5. I wanted a band on each side of my ring too! My engagement ring was an heirloom and was hard to find rings that fit and it took a while to find one. So when it came time to get them soldered together...I just had them put all three rings together at one time. That way it's less time without a ring and probably cheaper in the long run to only have to send it in once. I'm far more practical than sentimental, but if you'd rather just wear one until your anniversary, then go for it!

    And I love the doggy paws. one of my cats and my dog both sit with their paws crossed like that pretty frequently. It's so funny :)

    MotivatedMadison.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of having to send them out multiple times! I'm definitely more practical too so I really appreciate your input :)

      Delete
  6. "Pretentious pup", haha.
    Your rings are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha he really is though! And thank you :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!