My best friend's wedding (in a few months)

Saturday, December 22, 2012

In less than five months one of my best friend's will be getting married. Jess and I been close since sixth grade and I am soooo happy for her. She's marrying my fiance's cousin proving I am an awesome match maker and it's such an awesome thing knowing friends are really becoming family.
Anyway, ignoring all the sappiness above, I was finally in on someone's engagement! All my friend's were in on mine so I was really excited to be a part of someone else's. Her fiance Jordan let me in on the set up so I had everything arranged to capture the moment.
Some of the pictures suck. Turns out a bull riding arena has terrible lighting.
Kinda redneck, right? Well all my friends are country and have recently taken up bull riding...seriously. Actual bulls. It's a lot of fun to watch! Jordan (pictured above) has ridden every week except the first since PBR season started.
Story: in between the two separate riding classes there are some fun things done in the arena. As pictured above there is a couple's stick horse race around the arena. Jordan convinced Jess to give it a try, giving me and another friend the perfect excuse to take pictures and video.
As they lined up, the ring master asked for some volunteers to be an example. He and Jordan planned it all out and he picked Jordan and Jess to go to the middle of the ring. He took the stick horse from them, made a little speech about how "we do weird things here sometimes," asked if they were ready and Jordan got on his knee. She said yes duh and the whole arena started hooting and hollering. Rednecks, remember?
Needless to say it was an amazing night and they were so thankfully for the pictures and video as they have a lot of family that wasn't able to be there.
If you get a chance, volunteer to help if you have a friend getting engaged. The pictures are priceless, even if the lighting is crappy and my hands were shaking from excitement.

10 comments:

  1. That is so fun! What a memorable engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and unique! And I'm sure they love the photos, bad lighting and all ;) In fact, I don't think anyone notices the bad lighting and are too busy watching the moment. I LOVE watching people's faces in engagement photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my best to edit, but I'm definitely a beginner in that department. And I agree, no matter how crappy the photos they're still memorable. My engagement was captured via cellphone camera and the pictures are terrible and blurry but I still love them!

      Delete
  3. congrats to your friend!! that is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a fun engagement! And I'm sure they will be sooo grateful to you to have these photos - what a special moment you've captured for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! They were really grateful for the pictures, and so was their family!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!