1. This confession post can't compare. I've been humbled.Please read Alyx's confessions today and you'll understand why. Perspective, perspective, perspective!
2. I've never been a drinker, so I apologize if you're disappointed in my short summary of birthday shenanigans:
Actual birthday: mom made me dinner, opened presents, mom made me "classic drinks" (gin and tonic, margarita, white Russian) and had cake. Nom nom!
Friday night: celebrated with friends by having a few drinks. No buzz, no drunken shenanigans. Always the best way to go because A. you don't act like a fool and B. you don't feel like a fool in the morning.
3. In reference to that last confession, I've never been drunk and don't plan to ever be so I guess I can't really predict how I'd feel.
4. Getting my big girl driver's license was a wake up call. Comparing it to my college ID photo from 3+ years ago was depressing. I need to get back to healthy Gen-Gen, but I lack motivation and drive. Ugh.
5. I've been a lifeguard for 5 years and have never had to use first aid on a human *knocks on wood*. Friday night I had to use it on my best friend's dog (my dog's brother). Long story short, there was a small dog fight. A friend's rot got too rilled up and big a large hole in the side of my best friend's dog. Dog blood, dog screaming and seeing a dogs insides made for a long night. Some birthday celebration, right?
6. To celebrate my turning 21, my dad took Cam and I to the casino north of us yesterday. HATED IT. We were all dealt miserable hands consistently at the black jack table and all lost very quickly. Bummer. That $85 I lost in a matter of minutes could have been three, maybe four, weeks worth of gas and I thought I was gonna puke when I realized that I literally just lost it all. Needless to say, I'm not much of a gambler.
7. Two take home exams and one final story stand between me and break. No more alarms on my phone, no late night studying and no more obligations until I don't even know when in January.
8. There are a lot of things that make me appreciate what I have, but lately I've been appreciating the man that stands by my side more and more lately. I sorta spilled my guts in a very sappy, teary "I'm so happy I have you" kinda way. Good thing he loves me even though I'm an emotional basket case every now and then!
9. I think my age is catching up with me. This week I have experienced severe back pain, knee pain and pain in my hands. Back pain has been chronic for me for years, knee pain is from who knows what and this hand pain is from my constant companionship with my computer. Technology is so love/hate.
10. This ended up being a lot longer than I planned it to be...
Heading to church for the first time in a while this morning. That was sort of a confession, but I need it. Enjoy what's left of your weekend friends!