Sunday confessions v7

Sunday, December 16, 2012


1. Exhausted is an understatement. I feel like I've been on the move all weekend and I need a break from my hectic break! No worries, I'll be taking advantage of that this coming week.

2. Like everyone else, my heart breaks for CT. 

3. Unlike everyone else, I am not calling for crazy gun restrictions cuz guess what? I am a gun owner. That's right, this girl packs some heat but not always because I don't have my carry concealed license. When I tell people that they're usually really surprised. Anyway, I'm a gun owner along with millions of others. Only a very small percentage, I would venture to guess around one percent, actually do harm as the shooter did last week. Think about that.

4. Also unlike everyone, I'm not slamming the media for the coverage. Why? I am the media. I am a journalist and feel the coverage was appropriate for the most part. Mistakes were made, guidelines were overlooked but understand that in these high pressure, intense, sensitive situations, s#$! happens. Journalists make mistakes at their jobs just like you do, only their mistakes are very, very public.

5. Things like this make my not wanting kids seem all the more sane. I'm overprotective of my dog as it is, I can't imagine what I'd be like with a little human. And having to worry about their safety at a place you expect them to be cared for and protected everyday?! Kudos to you, moms. Cuz I don't think I have what it takes.

9 comments:

  1. I here you on #3..preach it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I'm not the only one!!

      Delete
  2. It never fails; when you have a vacation/break you need a vacation from the vacation! haha. :) Hope you get some rest! And happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm with you on #3. We have guns in our house and my brother tells everyone "i can't wait to turn 21 not so i can get wasted, but so i can get my concealed weapons permit" ha.
      And girl i know what you mean about exhausted. I"m currently laying in bed since i was up all night with a virus...woopie.

      Delete
    2. So true, Mia! At least for me. And Amy, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  3. I don't want kids either--like you, I am super overprotective of both my dogs and that can be stressful enough sometimes! I can't imagine being a parent right now during all of this stuff that's been going on in CT. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be the most terrifying thing! I really don't think I could handle it.

      Delete
  4. Guns don't kill people - people kill people. And as sad and tragic as it is, stricter gun laws would not have made a difference in the CT shooting.

    Thanks for linking up Genna! Hope things are going swell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! So glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I totally agree with everything you said. Things are great for me and I hope so for you, too! Only a few more days til you know what baby is!!! Yay!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!