1. Exhausted is an understatement. I feel like I've been on the move all weekend and I need a break from my hectic break! No worries, I'll be taking advantage of that this coming week.
2. Like everyone else, my heart breaks for CT.
3. Unlike everyone else, I am not calling for crazy gun restrictions cuz guess what? I am a gun owner. That's right, this girl packs some heat but not always because I don't have my carry concealed license. When I tell people that they're usually really surprised. Anyway, I'm a gun owner along with millions of others. Only a very small percentage, I would venture to guess around one percent, actually do harm as the shooter did last week. Think about that.
4. Also unlike everyone, I'm not slamming the media for the coverage. Why? I am the media. I am a journalist and feel the coverage was appropriate for the most part. Mistakes were made, guidelines were overlooked but understand that in these high pressure, intense, sensitive situations, s#$! happens. Journalists make mistakes at their jobs just like you do, only their mistakes are very, very public.
5. Things like this make my not wanting kids seem all the more sane. I'm overprotective of my dog as it is, I can't imagine what I'd be like with a little human. And having to worry about their safety at a place you expect them to be cared for and protected everyday?! Kudos to you, moms. Cuz I don't think I have what it takes.