The day I became an addict

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thursday was a rough day for me. I was shaky, I felt alone, my fingers were twitching, I was having withdraw symptoms left and right.
All because I left my phone at home.
via
It's so secret that we are a digitally savvy society. But I'm more than that.
Hi, I'm Genna and I'm a digital media addict.
This became apparent to me when I reached into my pocket Thursday morning as I got out of my car and discovered that my phone was MIA, except I knew right where it was: on my desk at home.
Panic, pure panic. I was scared. How would I get through an entire school day (9:30-3:15) without my iPhone?! Somehow I did it, but I can assure you it wasn't easy.

Things I realized I don't know without my iPhone:
Time- for some ridiculous reason there are very few clocks on this campus.
Temperature- I check the weather before I even get out of bed.
Whether or not class is cancelled- because my email goes to the freaking phone.
What is happening in the world around me- news-wise and social media, to which I am also addicted
What my family/friends are doing- not just Facebook and Twitter, but texting and whatnot.

Needless to day, it was a really long day.

2 comments:

  1. I understand you so much! Time, weather, news, entertainment, education and everything of my day except eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. It's crazy how much we rely on them and don't realize it until we don't have them!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!