A home run: my first VoxBox from Influenster

Friday, January 4, 2013

If you have yet to get involved with Influenster, I'm not sure what you're waiting for. Go to their website, sign up and receive things like these VoxBoxes to review! It not only benefits the company because they get valuable customer opinion, but also you cuz you get lots of cool free stuff :)
This VoxBox set the bar really high. Like, knocked it out of the park.

The first item, Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal ($1.79/cup)
Oatmeal was always a punishment for me. I hated it as a child and was forced to eat it. I'm not sure if my taste buds changed or what, but this was amazing. And at only 290 calories it's the perfect, portable, balanced breakfast. I mean really, whole grains, fruits and nuts? Couldn't be better for you.

Item 2: NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine- Nude York City ($2.49)
I am really conservative when it comes to makeup and this natural color fit my style to a tee. It looks a little orange in this picture, but I promise it's much more neutral. It went on smoothly (no stickies like other lipglosses!) and stayed on. It feels really creamy and when they say the gloss creates a 3D effect they mean it! It sparkles and shines and has Vitamin E to moisturize. And if nude isn't your thing, there are ten other shades of nudes, neutrals, berries and fuschias. Something for everyone.

Item 3: Kiss Nail Dress ($6.99)
I had a little trouble applying these, but they were so cute! First I tried putting them on all my nails, but it got sloppy after a while so I just chose a few. And as you guys know, New Year's was my first bling day so what better way to celebrate than have some sparkles on my nails and ring finger?! There were also some for toes, but I figured I'd save those for summer when I wear open-toed shoes. They go on quickly and there are tons of style options. Just peel, press and bam! Your nails are stylin'. Also, they peel off really easily and leave no residue. And top coat? Please. It's built in and I had no chipping at all.

Item 4: EBOOST Pink Lemonade effervescent powder ($28 for a box of 20 powders, $39 for a box of 30 powders or a box of 12 shots)
This I was not so impressed with. Maybe I had too much water or maybe it's my sweet tooth but I like really sweet juices and this mix was a little bland and bitter. But it did give me lots of energy (note: do not drink at 1 a.m. You'll be up until at least 5). There are other flavors which I may have liked better such as orange, acai pomegranate or super berry.

Item 5: Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush ($11.99)
I won't lie to you when I say I opened the box, saw this, ripped it out of the packaging to admire it and ignored everything in the package for days. And yes, that also means I forgot to take a picture. I was so excited because I'd been admiring this little baby in the Walmart aisle forever. I have really thick, really long hair which obviously stays wet forever. And often times I just don't have the energy to blow dry it (because it takes ages) so I just let it air dry leaving me with knots. This brush changed all that. The microfiber bristles got my hair so much less damp. They advertise 30 percent of water and I would say that's totally accurate. Word of advice though, don't try this on dry hair. It really pulls.

Item 6: Sole Society $25 off coupon
This shoe site is so trendy. They have styles I have yet to see on the streets and love them all! I haven't ordered because my buyer's remorse makes me anxious before I buy anything, but I've been eyeing these gorgeous Krista round toe wedges. So classy you can't go wrong. Also they have some great buy one get one free deals going on so be sure to check them out! Oh and did I mention if you the code INFLUENSTER25 you can get $25 off too? But hurry, the offer expires Jan. 31!

After seeing this, you better be heading over to Influenster to sign up! I was hesitant at first, but this box solidified my decision.
*These products were complimentary and sent to me for testing purposes from Influenster.

10 comments:

  1. I signed up a week or so ago and I'm SO hoping to get picked for something soon. LOVE what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I just wish I would have thought of such a cool business idea haha but really I love everything I got.

      Delete
  2. very cool!! i've heard about their site, sounds pretty dang awesome.
    and those nails! LOVE.
    Do you have to pay for it btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nails were AWESOME! So perfect for the holidays :) And you should definitely sign up. Free stuff? Count me in ;)

      Delete
  3. Ah, I'm jealous you got the Apple oatmeal... I have pomegranate pistachio and I'm scared to try it! Ha! I love the lipgloss too, so smooth! And I love your nail decals so much better than mine - they're ZEBRA! On my nails?! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That oatmeal does not sound appetizing by any means...but mine was good so maybe it's a hidden gem? Haha and zebra would be a liiiiittle much for me lol!

      Delete
  4. That oatmeal looks soooo good. I'm creating a list of foods that I'm going to eat when I get back to America in the summer and I think that's going to make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Include it for sure.

      Delete
    2. I want you to know that I had a dream about this oatmeal last night. I dreamt that I was in America and I ate it because I remembered seeing it on your blog. It was delicious. Just thought you should know that I'm a little weird, and apparently missing American food :)

      Delete
    3. That is so funny! And I can't imagine being in another country for so long. I've been out of the country just on vacations and stuff and I missed American food then!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!