Happy New Year/bling day!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013, dear friends!
You may be a bit confused by this title, so if you are see Katie's post explaining bling day.
In short, it's the day he put a ring on it! And this is my first bling day so darn it we're celebrating!
Scene: New Year's eve 2011 at Cameron's cousin Jared's house with all our friends. The clock is just seconds from striking midnight and bringing in 2012. The ball drops, we kiss, I feel him moving his jaw on my shoulder as we hug mouthing words to someone...what? Yeah, it was strange.
Next I know he's stopped hugging me and asks me to grab something (I think it was more sparkling grape juice? I'm addicted to that stuff, no lie) from the closet. I open it and there is a card with my name on it next to an orange rose (my fav). The card listed Cam's New Year's resolution. The very last thing on the card? You guessed it, ask me to be with him forever.
I turned around, tears streaming down my face to see him on bended knee *swoon*.
I said yes, the ring was on my finger and I was in his arms before I knew what was really happening. Confetti and silly string covered us thanks to our awesome friends. It was unforgettable.
Bawling, as per usual, rose and card in hand

Happy, happy, happy! Covered in silly string and confetti

Still covered in celebratory silly string, but so happy
He knew NY was my favorite holiday, but had convinced me he wouldn't ask until later into 2012. I knew it was coming, but was totally taken by surprise.
Truth be told, the night was a blur. No I wasn't drinking, but it all happened so fast! I didn't read anything on that card, I didn't hear anything he said when he was on one knee and I don't remember the events that transpired after. All I know is I am so glad it happened, it was with him, my friends were there to celebrate and someone was smart enough to get some shots on their crappy camera phone.
A year later plans are being made and I am ready to marry this man and finally become "Genna Freed" at last!
Happy 2013!

12 comments:

  1. Happy first bling day! :) Love your engagement story, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for introducing it to me! All credit to you :)

      Delete
  2. this is the sweetest engagement story every!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I enjoyed it, obviously lol

      Delete
  3. awww I love this!!! Happy Bling day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a sweetheart, and he is all yours forever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and obviously I'm thrilled about that :)

      Delete
  5. That is absolutely awesome, i love y'alls story and that you were caught by surprise!! :) :)
    And what a beautiful moment to have your friends involved as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It meant sooo much to me that they were all there.

      Delete
  6. such a cute story! love it :)

    happy new years!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!