I, I, I workout

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

via
Let the record show that THIS girl has worked out twice in one week and it's only Wednesday!
Obviously, I'm proud of myself. I feel much more confident have a swim workout than a running workout. I competitively swam from ages 6-15 so it's no wonder I feel more comfortable. I've never been and never will be a runner, so this is just the path for me.
But let me say, my suit was a little tighter than I remember it being. I turned sideways and checked the mirror and was a little horrified taken aback by what I saw. All the more motivation, right? I'm not happy with myself and more importantly I'm not healthy. This extra 50+ pounds has got. to. go.
Also, for those who have been asking, Herbalife is still amazing. A brief explanation: Herbalife is a protein-like shake that is packed with fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. I drink a Herbalife shake twice a day (about 300 calories each, in place of breakfast and lunch), eat a snack between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner (200 calories each) and eat a protein-filled meal (500-600 calories) for dinner. I never get hungry because the shakes are so filling and I'm thrilled to say both my mom and I are in the double digits for weight loss! Almost 12 for me and 15 for her! It wasn't as much as I expected, but I realized my body just needs some vigorous exercise along with a healthy diet to start really making a difference.
Also, there's lots of exciting stuff coming up on the blog this week so get excited!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. So many good things! So funny to me that a swim workout is more natural for you because I am the COMPLETE opposite. My friend was a lifeguard last summer and let me come swim fo free a couple times. It was awful. I was so bad and so uncomfortable. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely because I was raised on swimming though! I am just not into (or good at) land sports lol

      Delete
  2. get it! I wish there was a pool i could swim in that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg (local membership for the indoor pool here is like $150 for two months, yikes!). I competitively swam from 4/5-17 LOVED it and miss it daily!
    So proud of you girl! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully since I'm a student I get free access to the University's pool! I would definitely not be able to handle that monthly fee. Thanks Amy! So grateful for your support.

      Delete
  3. Yay! That is FABULOUS news!! My best friend sales Herballife. She is always trying to get me to try it. It's just soooo expensive :/ I mean, I only spend money on vitamins & Protein. You know?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive, but mine lasts about a month and a half and if you think about it, two meals a day for two months for $60 something? Pretty good! But I see where you're coming from. If my parents weren't helping me pay for it (and doing the diet along with me) there's no way this poor college girl would be able to afford it lol

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!