School day blues

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm alive and well. I have almost made it through the first week of classes. It's a struggle, not going to lie, but I'm taking it day by day.
Oh and forget Monday/rainy day blues, I have the school day blues. Like, everyday.
My classes are really demanding this semester. I figured take two elective/gen eds would make things a little more bearable, but that's not the case. Boo. My two electives are MWF and I don't know a single person in either class so my anxiety is through the flippin roof.
Tuesday/Thursday classes, on the other hand, are just as unfortunate. These are probably my most demanding classes and one of them is an 8. freaking. a.m. If you know me at all you know I am not a morning person. I could sleep until noon and go to bed at 4 a.m. everyday and not be upset. So this 8 a.m. is rough right now and sleep is scarce.
I have started counseling. Thankfully it's free to students so I will have someone to talk to on a weekly basis to help me get things under control. The counselor thinks this anxiety may be causing my sleep problems...break through! I thought I was just destined to be a zombie every morning. Now that I know what's causing my sleeplessness, all I have to do is get the anxiety under control and I should be golden.
Anyway, I just popped in to let you all know that things are, in a word, okay. That's really the best way to describe it.
Oh and check this out, the lovely Melissa at the newly relaunched Design Eat Repeat is making post signatures which I've wanted forever but am not creative enough to figure out and is making them for everyone. She said, "It's FO FREE!" So I said, "Sure." *Bridesmaids reference* Photobucket
So whatcha waitin for go get one!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Glad you've got someone to talk to! anxiety is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl i am so glad you're having someone to talk to and vent to! I went to counseling (for free also!) when i was in college for my anxiety problems and it helped sooo much!
    DANG busy busy ....
    love that you have the little design signature...i need to get one so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can already tell it's going to help me. And you're welcome, Melissa is a dream to work with!

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you girl. I have anxiety as well, and counseling in college helped me out quite a bit in getting through a trying semester! (though I eventually moved to a therapist in town for more intense "therapy") Love you girl, keep pushing through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anxiety is a beast, to put it nicely. Love you too and love all the support you give me!

      Delete
  4. Oh I am so glad you are getting some counseling! My my is a psych nurse/therapist and I feel like I have a personal counselor. I don't know what I would do without someone to vent to and get fresh perspective and help me work life out. You are sooo not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can vent to someone who is a professional as well as all my blog friends. I was shocked when so many people commented on this and said they struggled with the same thing! Though I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I'm glad I have others to talk to :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!