Frankly Friday v12: Actual life changes

Friday, February 22, 2013

So maybe changing lip balms isn't as big of a life change for some of you as it is for me. Today I have some real life changes that I just wanna vent post about.

  1. The house we found and fell in love with seems to be out of reach at this point. It's a long story and deals mainly with finance so I won't be going in-depth. I am certain this means there's something better out there. Cam is a little more torn up about it because he loved this place even more than me I think.
  2. Cam got a big kid job! He's been working with his uncle while he was in school and just continued after he got his certification, so I am over the moon that he found something that will utilize his degree and be more stable.
  3. School/all my extra curriculars are kicking. my. butt. I'm thinking of dropping a class that I don't need to lighten my load. Problem is I need 17 hours this semester (which I am currently taking) and 17 hours next semester in order to meet the minimum hours needed to graduate. This would require me to take a summer class, which I'm fine with, but my scholarships only apply to regular semesters.

Frankly, all these things are scaring the crap out of me. School, graduation, job, wedding, etc. Holy cow. It's a lot to deal with at once. I am taking it in stride, but it's not easy.
Then again, no one ever said it would be.
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't imagine buying a house when I was first married. That would have been too much stress for me haha. We rented for 9 1/2 years and I think it was our best decision ever.

    Things will work out. It may take time to get all the things in life that you love and dream of but that's ok.

    Hooray for big kid jobs haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding a house was a lot to think about on top of all the other things going on (finishing school, finding a job, planning a wedding, building a future)! It was a little much and I am definitely okay with renting now. And you're right, those things will take time and I am totally fine with it!

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you girl. Big kid (errr after college) life is rough sometimes, but know that in between all of those rough things, there are awesome things happening too. Make sure to look for and focus on those, even if they're small! One day you will look back and you will be past finding a house, and past graduation and you will HAVE DONE IT and be so proud of yourself. Hold onto that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I have a problem with focusing on the issues rather than the joys. Thank you for reminding me!

      Delete
  3. No, it isn't easy...BUT it will be worth it in the end!
    Big kid.....adult decisions are not always fun, but they are definitely learning experiences.
    I, thankfully, have never been house hunting but i know many friends who have and they get their hearts set on one and it falls through and it just crushes them. It's ok, and you're right there will definitely be other houses out there!
    Keep your head up girl.
    How much would one class cost if you took it during the summer? It might be a better option than you being constantly stressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classes are really expensive at my school, but I don't think just taking a single class would be bad, especially since I'm on a full-ride during the regular semesters.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!