This&That: The tale of the lost iPhone (aka why I'm the sister of the year)

Thursday, February 21, 2013


This is a story about that iPhone pictured above. This is also why I deserve that coveted sister of the year award. Competing with two other sisters is no joke.
There once was a boy named Cole. Cole would lose his head if it weren't attached.
Cole's loving, generous bought him the iPhone 5 as soon as it came out as an early Christmas gift because Cole's phone was a dinosaur.
Saying Cole neglected his phone would be an understatement. You see, this young man doesn't do well with caring for things. He is known for losing articles of clothing and having absolutely no idea where to look or what may have happened to them.
Superbowl weekend, Cole was home from college to spend time with his family and watch the game on a better TV than the one in his dorm. Monday morning, Cole and his girlfriend were heading back to school early because of bad weather. Suddenly, Cole realized he hadn't seen his phone in over 24 hours.
Cue pure chaos.
Cole, myself and our little sister turned the house upside. Cole called his girlfriend (from my phone) and asked her to look at her house. We called his phone over and over, but on the fourth or fifth call, it started going straight to voicemail. How convenient. Time was up. He had to leave, phone or no phone.
And so a week of house cleaning began. Top to bottom, more turning things inside out and upside down. No such luck.
Eight days later...
The snow and rain had stopped and the two inches had almost fully melted. As I pulled in the driveway I thought to myself, 'I should really start sifting through that snow pile dad had plowed to the field across the street to see if maybe Cole's phone had been dropped on the driveway and pushed over.'
I parked and got out of my car and stared ahead. Lo and behold, not even 10 feet in front of me I saw color in the yard (color in the yard doesn't happen often in Ohio in the middle of February). And staring back at me was the back of my brother's phone...just like that.
So naturally the first thing I do is snap a picture (seen above).
Believe it or not, that little trooper survived eight days in the wilderness completely unscathed. It had been dropped on the driveway unbeknownst to my brother and apparently my dad had pushed it with a plow off the edge of the driveway. How did it not get crushed by the tractor we plow with, you ask? An act of God, to be sure.
Thankfully I didn't have to sift through the giant pile of snow across the street in the field and the phone simply needed cleaned because it was covered in mud. Screen protectors and phone cases are essential, people.
Recently Roached

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh. I would have died. I'm so happy it works though. Your phone is definitely a lil' trooper!


    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a miracle. I thought for sure as soon as I saw it, "Well, here's a worthless iPhone."

      Delete
  2. wow! i'm impressed with that little phone for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome...and definitely cool that the iphone survived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel like my phone is so fragile so I guess this eased my mind a little bit. It can survive the elements!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!