Rough

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I guess that's the best way to put it.
Times are not great, but could be worse. As I mentioned Friday, I started my new job. A very unglamourous job consisting of taking orders, getting food from the kitchen and then delivering it to customers at a carry-out. Work was interesting. I felt like I did a great job since I only got four hours of training Friday and was expected to work a full shift Saturday. And if you don't count the guy that skipped out on his check and my dropping a full bottle of wine, it was pretty successful.
But I have a problem: anticipatory anxiety. I am anticipating work + school = hell. My job is really fast paced and can be very stressful if everything isn't just so. Even though I won't have to start work for another two weeks and will only technically have April to juggle work and school, I am dreading it. The thought makes my chest tighten and my mind scramble. Not to mention high stress level and low motivation level when it comes to school.
In counseling we call it feeding the anxiety monster. And honestly, my monster is stuffed. I am supplying that little demon with just about everything I've got, unfortunately.

For a few weeks until I get myself together, I may be a little MIA. I'm not telling you all this to apologize, just so none of you wondered if my new job was my undoing.

So I've been spending a lot of time alone. Time praying, relaxing and reflecting. I haven't really been productive at all with anything school related (which of course makes me stress worse) and I really need to be.
One thing at a time.
post signature

13 comments:

  1. I'll miss you! But if this break will help, you go do that girl!! I feel ya..like you said on my blog. Thanks for your awesome inspiration & reminder to pray, relax, and reflect. One thing at a time, yes yes yes. You'll be in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda! You've been in mine as well.

      Delete
  2. Keep your head up, sweet girl! You'll make it through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concentrate on you girl, you're going to do great & we'll be here for you when you make it back to the blogosphere with open arms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love your support <3

      Delete
  4. ::hugs!::
    I am with you on feeding the anxiety monster, i've done it way too many times!
    The best advice i can give you is take it one day at a time. WHen you're at work think only of work, when you're at school think only of school...etc. I know, i know easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! One day at a time should be my motto right now lol I just think way too hard about the list of to-do's most of the time. Thanks for the advice <3

      Delete
  5. tooootally girl. Spend some time with Jesus and lay down some burdens. You are so valued!!! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry stress is hitting you. That feeling is never good. Something I always have to remind myself is that even when like is busy, time to myself and with Christ is still a priority. Hope you're getting that time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's just a rough patch. It's definitely a time for me to just pray and get things in order. Thanks for the reminder, Susannah!

      Delete
  7. You've got this!! I realize I have been MIA myself, but we will be here when you get back! In the meantime, if you need anything, let me know!! I know there's probably not much I can do from far away, but I totally mean that! I'll keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!