Jelly of my Jams!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Jelly of my Jams CD Swap
This was the first swap I'd ever participated in and I am SO glad I did. I love new music (or being reminded of songs I used to listen to that sort of faded away) so when I heard that Tamzilla was my partner, I was pumped. Technically me, Tam and Abbey had ourselves a little three way swap since there was an uneven number, which made it that much more awesome.


Tam was a little paranoid about the CD breaking, so there was literally two packing envelopes and a cardboard box-thingy I had to rip through to get down to the goods. Each envelope had something written on it that made me laugh, like how her return address said "Tamzailla (Roar!)" and how the picture above was on the front of the inner envelope and the back said "Open me bitch!" I laughed through every phase of opening this thing. And when I finally got to her letter, I laughed when the first line said she started handwriting it but her hand cramped so she had to start typing it but made it look like handwriting.
Tam, you are fricken hilarious.
Anyway, when I finally got down to the CD I immediately popped it in.
1. Eye of Tiger- Survivor: because, yes.
2. Til I Collapse- Eminem & Nate Dogg: I'd never heard this before and it is SUCH a good pump up song.
3. I Love It- Icona Pop: So damn annoying, and so damn catchy. It's gonna be stuck in my head for weeks (thanks, Tam).
4. Thrift Shop- Macklemore: If this song doesn't make you wanna sing, I don't know what will.
5. Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard: One of my oldies favs! Tam knows me so well without even knowing me. Does that make any sense? No? Okay.
6. Tutti-frutti- Little Richard: This is my favorite on the CD. I just wanna dance. A lot.
7. Wannabe- Spice Girls: So after she gets done telling me that she is so annoyed by this song, it's on the CD. And I loved it. And it's stuck in my head. Thanks again, Tam.
8. Walking in Memphis- Marc Cohn: Sang it at the top on my lungs. Cam was not amused.
9. Kokomo- Beach Boys: I was honestly a little creeped out when I saw this was on the CD. The Beach Boys are one of my all-time favorite bands. I have every CD (including greatest hits) they ever came out with. Tam knows, guys, she really knows.
10. If It Makes You Happy- Sheryl Crow: I just want to picture Tam with blue hair now when I listen to this.
11. Here I go Again- Whitesnake: Another oldie fav. Soooo good.
12. The Country Boy Song- Earl Dibbles, Jr.: Describes Cam. I just love it.
13. I'll Make Love to You- Boys II Men: I think Tam is trying to tell me something at this point...
14. You Make my Dreams Come True- Hall & Oates: At this point I'm sure Tam is trying to tell me something.
15. Baby Got Back- Sir Mix A Lot: Fun fact I have nothing in the back, but this song makes me dance like I do.
16. Sexy and I know It- LMFAO: Yup. There's that.
17. Bust a Move- Glee cast: Like I hadn't been the whole time this CD was playing? I'd never heard this version, but I love it!

For my first link up, I had an awesome time and couldn't have asked for better partners!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Awesome set list Tam! And I love your commentary on each song Genna! :) And girl, everybody has back when Baby Got Back comes on. ERRRRYBODY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaaahahaha this is fabulous! I bet it's lovely to listen to! Tam and I work in the same building, so when I open iTunes on my work computer, her iTunes list comes up and I may or may not have listened to her playlists multiple times... ;)

    Happy Saturday!

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her playlists are legit so I don't blame you at all!

      Delete
  3. Ummmm best cd ever? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totes. Not even a competition there.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love that we both have the same taste in music - I mean, I thought I was the only one who truly appreciated 80s hair bands!

    And of course I knew about The Beach Boys - I'm psychic/psycho in that way. Lol. I seriously had such a great time with this - which means it's probably going to have to happen again!

    #13 & #14. WINK WINK. NUDGE NUDGE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will accept that wink, wink, nudge, nudge and raise you a hip thrust ;) baha but for real thank you times a million for the awesome CD!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!