Catching up: EIGHT months!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

That's right, folks! Today makes eight months until the wedding.
This time eight months from now I will be waking up for my last few hours as a Miss. Crazy!
I'm staying busy, which is an understatement, and now that we're getting closer we're also getting into the details a little more. Stuff like wording on the save the dates and invites, guestbook details, how many candles for each centerpiece, bridal shower plans, etc.
My family is chugging right through and supporting and helping every step of the way. I'm pretty sure my mom and sister were ready to slap me when I showed them the five excel sheets I put together tonight! What can I say, this girl loves her organization.
I realized tonight I don't think I ever shared a picture of our reception venue. We met with the coordinator there for the second time last week and I fall more in love every time I walk in.

See what I mean? This place actually used to hold horses and buggies before our town had cars. It was called the cab stable, because that's what the cabs were. After that it became a warehouse and now it's home to an amazing hall full of character you're not gonna get anywhere else. I seriously could go on and on and on about this place!
No, the pool table isn't part of the reception, but the silver canisters in the back are. Why you ask? Alexandria's brews their own beer! They have 40+ brews on tap for the restaurant that is attached to the reception hall.
This is the restaurant via their Facebook page
And the floor above the hall and restaurant? And old bowling alley that is still fully-functional. It's so old that they have to pay someone to set the pins up because the don't have any machinery. So cool.
We finalized our floor plan and centerpiece design and next on the list is figuring out our menu, which I am so excited about!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. I LOVE this place! Seriously it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so up your alley style-wise! Chalkboards, big windows, cool lighting and more!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The pictures definitely don't do it justice! It's a little hidden gem in town!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an awesome venue!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!