When "things" start to become real

Friday, July 12, 2013


So the picture above was the only picture I could find of myself looking surprised. I took it yesterday during all the storms here in Ohio. The look on Trigger's face is a look of pure panic.
Things have been really surprising me lately. I've been surprised by the cost of moving out on your own, the effort it takes to gather 120+ addressed for save the dates, how worked up my little furbaby can get himself during a storm. It's crazy, really.
Something else that's currently blowing my mind is when things that are really only in your mind become real. Try to follow me here, my brain is having trouble explaining it. Take for example moving out. It's been a "thing" in my head for months now. Where would we live? Would we buy or rent? How much would it cost? etc. Now we are simply waiting for a phone call to let us know our apartment renovations are done. Realizing this was like hitting a brick wall: it's real now. I'm really moving. We really found a place to live. I really need to get these save the dates ready. We're really getting married in 7 months.
Time is flying. I remember when we got engaged we had two year and two months to go. Now we're down to seven and my mind is blown. What have I been doing this whole time? I'd like to think I could tell you what I've been doing for a year and a half, but other than going to school, being in one of my best friend's weddings and a few trips here and there, I can't account for much of that time.
And that scares me.
I want to milk every second of every day I have here on earth for all it's worth. When my day comes, I want to stand before God and say "I used every ounce of what you gave me to my fullest potential."
I certainly haven't been doing that lately, and that needs to change ASAP. I need to cherish our engagement, cherish the time with my family and friends, cherish the awesome education I'm getting.
Why so deep today? I couldn't tell ya. All I know is time is flying, things in my head are real things now and I've been taking life in general for granted.
Here's to a new day and being thankful for time, people and things.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. The last six months go by incredibly fast. Don't worry, though. Even if you had been working hard for two years, you still would have found things to be stressed about and been just as busy for the last seven months. The wedding will be great, but it's the life after the wedding that's the really important part--that's the good stuff. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've always loved the saying "Aim for a marriage more beautiful than the wedding" and that's what we're really striving for. The wedding itself is really just details.

      Delete
  2. Time definitely does fly by, i can account to that!
    Deep breathes, and being present...that is what it takes to really soak in the moment. <3
    You CAN do this; and yes it is most definitely real.
    But the real is a good thing, it just shows that your'e moving forward in life and entering into new exciting places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about all of that! Being present is really difficult for me because I'm so anxious. It's definitely something I need to work on.

      Delete
  3. Time will just keep going by faster and faster. I feel like we just barely got engaged, but we are coming up on our three year anniversary. It's crazy how quickly things go, and it's even crazier when you look back and wonder what the heck you've been doing! Just take it easy and try to enjoy these last few months without too much stress concerning the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl <3 such good advice!

      Delete
  4. I always told my campers "be here now" when I was a counselor because I think it is such an important lesson. You only get today today and then it is gone. It is so easy to "wish & dream" or lives away but when we look for the value of each day, then we can actually live each day.

    All that to say, I get what you are saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I really oughta write that on my forehead every morning so I remember it. I think with the glorification of "busy" I just feel like I have to constantly be doing and preparing and not really just "being here." It is so hard to sit still and just be, even if only for a few seconds!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!