776

Thursday, December 19, 2013

776. Seems like a lot, especially in days.
When Cam and I got engaged, we set our wedding date for 776 days away, from January 1, 2012 to February 15, 2014.
And man did that seem like FOREVER.
But time has flown and we are down to a month a half. Seven and a half weeks. 58 days.
And I'm pretty terrified.
On the bright side, working two part time jobs just evenings and weekends gives me lots of time to focus on wedding stuff. Unfortunately Netflix and reading (neither of which I indulged in AT ALL this semester) have just seemed a lot more appealing.
In other news, the menu is settled, the dress fits perfectly, the invitations have been sent and I feel like I need to be doing more. I'm thankful for having two years to plan, which allowed me lots of time to do (and pay for) the "little details" that really mean a lot to me and I think will stand out at the wedding.
The other thing 2+ years of engagement has allowed me is time to prepare. Obviously getting married is no little part of life. It's a big step and a big adjustment. We did some premarital counseling with our pastor, which was a big eye opener. It was so helpful and helped me to see how far I have left to go but also that I'm never going to be perfect and neither is my husband. I could write pages on what I've learned already, but I'll save that for another time.
Anyway, I feel like we are chugging right along. I have a bridal shower, hair and make up trial run and my final fitting all to look forward to in the next few weeks mixed in with the holiday madness. Needless to say our apartment is gonna be a mess for a while.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I read but didn't comment yesterday. CONGRATS ON GRADUATING!! Woohoo! Welcome to the "real world"! (Although I'm only kindof in the real world as a grad student).

    Now, on this post, I realize it's probably pretty private but I would LOVE to hear about your marriage counseling and what you've learned! I've always wondered what marriage counseling entails and I've also wondered a lot what will be mine and Pat's biggest adjustment if/when we get married, since we live together now. Would love to hear about your experience!

    And your wedding is coming up so quick! In no time, I'm sure I'll be drooling over your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Blogger sucks and I JUST not got a notification for this comment. Boo. Anyway, thank you for the congratulations!
      And I've been working on some stuff about marriage counseling. It's an extremely interesting process, and even if you've been living together it's still eye-opening.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!