Back again, as a college graduate

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I'm back!
And I'm happy to announce that along with that I'm officially a college graduate. I passed all my classes, made it with a decet GPA and got a solid B+ on my senior capstone project. Unfortunately my school no longer has a winter commencement ceremony, so you'll have to wait til May to see pictures of me in my garbage sack cap and gown.
My very last day of class was on my birthday (boo), which meant I had two exams, two papers due and a project to present. Needless to say it was no fun at all, but I did get to have a nice dinner with my family that night.
Five days later was my last exam. All my papers and projects were turned in and I had one exam standing between me and graduation. I didn't think I did well on it, but come to find out I got an A. No complaining here :)
This semester was a really difficult one. I decided to forego counseling this semester to see if I could get through it myself. I managed, but not very easily. One of the reasons I decided to not attend my sessions this semester was my schedule. I kept up my regular 20 hours a week in the carryout, worked another 12-16 hours a week at my internship in my city's mayor's office as a communications intern, somehow squeezed in my senior assessment project and manager to pass my 14 credit hours of classes. It was tough to have time to think let alone go to counseling.
My other reason was that counseling is a free service offered to us as students. Once we graduate, we have to seek help elsewhere. Knowing I wouldn't be able to afford it I decided it was time to learn to deal with it myself. I'm not sure I handled it all that well, but at least I know I have to skills to do so.
A lot has been going on and I have a bunch of blog posts sitting in drafts ready to go so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. I've definitely missed (venting) writing about all the going ons.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!