Apartment Tour (8 months later...)

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I decided to take a break from the wedding series this time to give you a post that's been a long time in coming.
We got our apartment the last week of July. So it's only taken me 8 months to get around to doing a post about it!
Cameron moved in right away, I stayed at my parents officially until after the wedding. The apartment is about 10 minutes from my parents' house, so it wasn't an inconvenience at all. And it was SO nice to have our place all ready for me to move all my stuff into before the wedding.
I didn't take any pictures of the apartment empty, and I purposely didn't have anything hung up on the walls until a few weeks ago because I was hoping to decorate with wedding pictures and stuff like that.
Still waiting on those wedding pictures, speaking of which. I don't even have any sneak peeks! I'm going crazy.
Anyway, on with the tour!

This is the entry way. The middle is what you see when you walk in. There is a wall to the left (pictured left with our guestbook canvas, more to come on that!) and a hallway to the right which leads to a closet and our washer/dryer area.
Just past the wall on the left that has our guestbook canvas on it is this lovely little man cave/spare room area. All the dead animals/bows/guns/etc. have been confined to this room. It also has a nice little half bath for guests (toilet not pictured because you really don't care to see my toilet I presume). There is also another hall closet pictured in the first picture.
Off the washer and dryer area is an entrance to the kitchen. It's not huge and doesn't have much counter space at all. When we first moved in I thought, "Wow I'm never gonna fill all these cabinets!" Turns out it's really easy to fill cabinets once you have a bridal shower (or two) and a wedding! It's cluttered more often than not, but it works for us.
Our kitchen opens right up to the living room. It's really only separated by a carpet/tile divide (which you can see a little bit in the bottom left picture) and a couch that we set sideways intentionally to create that division. We have a nice big fish tank too which I love. It is such a conversation piece and I found some cute shelves to put under it. The last picture is looking from the living room back toward the door.
Here is our main bath. It's right next to our bedroom and is a great size. I would have loved a double sink, but beggars can't be choosers. There's plenty of counter space too which I really can't complain about. Where Trigger is standing is where our bath mat usually is. It was in the wash that day and he was not happy about it. He loves that fuzzy little bath mat and can usually be found laying on it in the dark in the bathroom. Such a weirdo.
Lastly we have our bedroom. Let's talk about this bedroom set for a minute. Our headboard, along with the sideboards and foot board and the matching dresser/vanity we got on Craigslist for $400. Such a steal! We also got another tall dresser that is in our spare bedroom pictured above. I love our laundry basket, mainly because it's preseparated and is on wheels, so easy. Above the laundry you can see the shadowbox I've been working on, but more on that later.
Also, yes I still have my dress hanging. I know, I know, it's been a month and it really needs cleaned. Sigh, I need to get on that.
So anyway, there was the super long apartment tour that has been almost a year in waiting!
post signature

5 comments:

  1. that bedroom set is lovely & such a steal yo uare right!
    what a great first place for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a steal for that furniture!!! Love your space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new apartment, Gemma! The move must've been overwhelming for Trigger, but I'm sure he'll be quick to get comfortable. In any case, the spacious new place is perfect for the family. I hope you are all enjoy your new home. Thanks for giving us a tour! All the best! :)

    John Lambert @ Cape Coral Lots

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!