Wedding Wrap-Up 2: Getting ready bridesmaids edition

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wrap-Up pt. 1
I didn't sleep much the night before. I wasn't nervous or anything, I just couldn't sleep. I finally fell asleep around 2, only to toss and turn for a few hours. I woke up wide awake at 4 and talked myself into going back to sleep. By 6, I was up and at em.

Our salon was awesome. It is a cool, old house downtown that's been renovated as a salon. There is a lounge space, a bar area in between (pictured above) and the salon area next to it all connected by this open-feeling hallway. The salon provided fruit, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, etc. for us the morning of. It was great to not have to worry about finding breakfast or having to leave to get coffee. We also brought some champagne and made some celebratory mimosas!

These beauties are my maids of honor. Left is my youngest sister Olivia, right is my younger sister Merredeth. This picture is pretty typical.
We got to the salon around 10 am and were on our way to the church by noon. There we started getting the bridesmaids ready until my photographer and videographer arrived to start getting pictures of me getting ready.
I decided pretty much from day 1 I wanted convertible/infinity dresses. We got ours from Henkaa and we LOVED them. A convertible dress is a long skirt (you can get them short as well) with two long pieces of fabric for the top. You wrap/tie those long pieces any way you want. This way, all the girls had the same dress but were each able to look different. There are two sizes, 0-18, 18 and up. They were all the smaller size and for my bachelorette party we had them all try their's own and tie them, then we cut them as needed. No hemming or tailoring necessary, #win!
The dresses look sort of blue with some of the flash, but I promise they were a dark charcoal gray :)
All but one of the bridesmaids. The two with the necklaces were my maids of honor. I wanted to add something to their looks to make them stand out. The other cool this about these dresses? The backs can be tied in all different ways too, so some of them were able to wear strapless bras and we just wrapped the dress around the back strap of the bra or pinned the dress to the bra. Also #win!
You may also recognize two of my bridesmaids. Jessica (upper right in the collage) got married in May. Taylor (bottom left) got married in September. I was in both their weddings and they were in mine! We also took a joint honeymoon, but more on that later :)

post signature

10 comments:

  1. fun fun fun!!!
    the salon sound fabulous! & i love how you're recapping each moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to remember as much as possible! Honestly it went so fast I couldn't tell you 90% of what happened so here's to hoping when I get the video/pictures back it goes better lol

      Delete
  2. I lovvvve the color of their dresses! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! They were awesome. I'd highly recommend them. I bought one for myself for future use too lol :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the bridesmaids dresses that were all different styles! And the color was verrrry similar to mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty obsessed with gray right now! It's an elegant, but still stylish neutral in my book :)

      Delete
  4. A joint honeymoon sounds like a blast! And I LOVE the idea of the infinity dresses - so flipping cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time! Those posts start tomorrow :)

      Delete
  5. Those dresses - beautiful! Sometimes I get a little sad when I see all the cool things I was not aware of when I got married (or weren't around) - you know, like Pinterest. I definitely would have went with infinity dresses too! I love the color as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously don't know how people planned weddings before Pinterest!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!