30 Things in 30 Weeks: Handling problems

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lehmann Laughter

So if you've followed my blog at all, you know I've been dealing with some problems lately. If you read yesterday's post, you know the problem has been really bad lately. Let's use that as an example.
This has been a problem I've been dealing with off and on since 2008. Sometimes I'm really gung-ho about fixing it and being done with it all. Other times I just don't wanna.
via
Add to that little issue all the transitions currently happening. I started this blog to document those transitions, like graduating, getting a job, getting married, moving in with Cam, etc. They've been a real bear.
Admit it, we all feel like Stu at some point in our lives. via

When it comes to problems, I think I deal with them when the situation gets dire, aka I procrastinate like it's my job. I did it with big projects and homework during college. If you look through any posts from my last semester of school (September-December 2013) you'll most likely read about my miserable senior assessment project and how it was such a huge deal I just chose not to do it until I absolutely had to. I was miserable and it was my own fault.
I do the same thing with confrontation. It doesn't happen often in my life thank you Jesus, but when it does I put it off or pretend like it's just not happening.


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I avoid situations that may be or become confrontational... if I can't see it it's not there, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly my mindset. Like I have too much to do/deal with, so I'm just not gonna do anything at all!

      Delete
  2. Procrastination is a wonderfully, horrible thing. Sure it gives me more time to waste on Facebook but it never does anything good for projects I need (want) to finish. And then it's irritating because I KNOW it's my fault. It's a stupid evil cycle and it's really hard to break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I know it's my fault so then I'm just mad at myself and it's all sorts of bad.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!