On my heart lately

Friday, April 25, 2014



Frankly, I have been feeling so convicted lately. I don't know what it is or if I'm finally just snapping out of the little faithless period I've been in.
There has literally been a little voice in my head convicting me for the last few weeks. I have a real problem with being judgemental and rude and whenever I feel like saying/tweeting/even thinking something judgemental the voice says to me, "you do not know this person or their story. You have no authority with which to judge them." And that voice stops me dead in my tracks every. single. time. 
It reminds me of a great Hillsong United song called From the Inside Out. The chorus and bridge go:
"In my heart, in my soul

I give you control
Consume me from the inside out
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out."
Let me get real: I don't think I'm a super approachable person. I'm not the happy, bubbly type you just feel like you can hug when you meet them the first time. I think I probably take a little time to warm up to. 
When that song came up on my iTunes shuffle the other day I don't think it was a coincidence at all. I think it was God placing that conviction in my head and my heart. 
I googled the definition of praise and this was the definition, "express warm approval or admiration of."
Holy. Irony. 
Google was screaming at me! I am a praising person in God's eyes and I know it. 
Justice is pretty straightforward: fair and equal. I'm not being very just either seeing as I am quick to judge every other driver on the road or every person I pass in Walmart. 
When I heard that line of that song, I just knew something needed to change. And I think just by knowing and acknowledging that need, something already had. 
What is my embrace now? Negativity and judgement. What do I want my embrace to be? Justice and praise. 
Now it's time to get to work. 

PS- a little insider fun fact. Up until the time I wrote this post I thought the lyrics were "justice and grace" which are also extremely applicable to my life! It wasn't until I google the lyrics to copy and paste them into this post that I realized my mistake. Oops! Considering the song has been stuck in my head for about three days, that's gonna take some time to get used to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!