30 Things in 30 Weeks: Being kind

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lehmann Laughter

Being kind: It starts in the mirror - How do you talk to yourself? Would you talk to others in that way?
About a month ago, I wrote about a big change I was making in my thought process. Since then I've noticed a lot of progress and my kindness level has skyrocketed. My fundamental thoughts are now changed and that has directly affected how I treat others.
On the other hand, there's me. I'm very critical of myself in a lot of ways, physically, successfully, etc. Lately, I've noticed that my health isn't what it should be. I've also been job hunting, which is so stressful.
When you look in the mirror and don't like what you see or apply to dozens of jobs and don't get a single call back or interview, it's very discouraging. It's easy to slip into self hate/distress mode when things aren't going well. I find myself falling into that trap very easily. I guess it's time for me to take the new judgement-free mentality I've been working really hard to apply to others and do the same for myself?

4 comments:

  1. girl i can be SUPER overcritical with how i talk to myself.
    so trying to implement a judgement-free mentality would be really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so easy to do! Sometimes I just tell myself I'm being proactive or whatever trying to better myself, but honestly it's just self hate.

      Delete
  2. You should probably take this over seeing as I totally forgot to post about my own damn link-up. Lol.

    It's really hard to talk to yourself in a kind way, in a way that you speak to a guest in your home for example - I think it's because we are comfortable with ourselves because we KNOW what we have done in our past, who we are and who we know we are capable of being if we choose to be that person - and that makes us critical...and hard to be nice to ourselves in our head. But being aware is a good first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl it's your link up and you can post it whenever you damn well please! I love that goal of speaking to yourself as you'd speak to a guest. What an awesome idea.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!