My great escape: books

Monday, May 12, 2014

Even my cake from graduation last weekend was made of books!
I love books. I'm always reading one. During college I wouldn't read at all during the semester so I would focus on school (didn't always work) and I missed reading anything other than textbooks so much!
For me, books are my great escape. No matter how crappy the book is (ahem, Twilight) I get lost and I love it.
I decided as Andrea and I were working on my new blog design, I added a "Books" page to my blog. You can find it on the top navigation bar but right now it's empty. My goal is now to start doing book reviews as part of my blog. I love reading my friends' book reviews and I get some great new reads out of them. So I'll do the reviews and then link them all on that page so they're easy to find. I'll probably also reread some of my all-time favorites and add those as well.
I've never done a book review on my blog, so bear with me because it's going to be rough for the first couple reviews, I'm sure!

7 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on graduation! I always miss reading for fun while I'm in school. I'll look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm gonna give it a go so hopefully I can review them and sound like I sorta know what I'm doing lol

      Delete
    2. Okay, so I read this comment and I was like, man I don't remember saying that. And then I realized it was a different Tamara and I turned even more blonde. Yay me!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your graduation!!! Love reading too! I've always wondered if I could do a review of a book, just not sure I can! I'm sure you're already on Goodreads, if you are send me your link so I can add you, love finding new people to add, in hopes of finding more books to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's my link: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/31240519-genna
      I'm really not sure I can either, but I'm definitely gonna try! I only have like three friends on goodreads so far (just made my page last week) so I'd love to add you :)

      Delete
  3. I love to read (and it's certainly my escape as well!) but I've yet to write a review - mostly because I don't feel like I can adequately explain why I liked something or why I didn't.
    While I was in school I couldn't read anything 'for fun' because I wouldn't read/do my school work. I had to wait for the breaks. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can do it. I just love reading other people's and want to be able to share books I love (or hate) with others. I did the same in school. I could not focus on my textbooks if I had a book I was reading!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!