Life at warp speed- MORE exciting news

Monday, June 16, 2014

Life is flying by. I wish I were exaggerating, but I'm not.
I was offered my first/full-time/big girl job last Friday. Last Monday we were approved for a loan, put an offer in on our first home and it was accepted a few hours later.
We'll be closing in less than a month and moving soon after.
What. in. the. world. 
When did I grow up? Lately my life has been a blur of insurance paperwork (and figuring out what the hell it all means), escrow accounts, lots of legal jargon and trying to learn how to be a good radio reporter. It all feels very unreal. I'm starting a job! and I'll be making a salary! We're buying a house!
The house kinda fell into our laps. It was built in 1956 by my mom's grandfather. After my mom's grandparents passed away, her aunt moved in and lived there until her passing earlier this year. In the interest of keeping it in the family, my mom's cousins offered the house to us.
Needless to say, with everything going on my poor little blog has been neglected. I'm not going to apologize and feel bad about it though. It has been such a blessing to focus on real life for a while and not worry about how few posts have gone up lately or making sure I take a picture so I can include it in a blog post. It's been nice to just live in the real world for a while and take in everything, not through my iPhone lense, but just through my eyes.
Timing wise, things are also crazy. About the same time as things will settle down at the new job, it'll be closing time on the house and moving time for us. I don't expect to be doing much blogging between now and then. I'll probably just focus on learning how to be an adult.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Buying a house is certainly one of the most adult things one can do. It looks bewildering at first, but once you get through it, you'll be very proud of what you've accomplished. I'm sure there are no strings attached on this purchase, as it was within the family, so you can rest easy on those stacks of papers you had signed. Good luck on the move! Cheers!

    Derek Cunningham @ H2 Real Estate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!