The elephant in the room

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

If you've been following along, you may remember my big confession about how far gone I was. I was lost in my depression and was really, really scared by the fact that I felt like I was drowning and couldn't save myself.
Well two months later I am here to say I am feeling like a whole new person. I feel normal and happy, like I haven't in a very long time.
Remember the medication changes I said I was making? Well long story short it meant getting off my current birth control and switching to something much less invasive, aka something that wasn't so full of hormones. I didn't realize it until I started considering that maybe that was part of the problem, but I was experiencing almost every negative side effect of the medicine and didn't even know it!
I talked with my doctor, we switched back to a good old pill and I feel like a million bucks.
Spiritually I am feeling very strong. I think part of that is just feeling clear-headed about things (thanks, medicine). I feel like me again and am so grateful. I only wish I'd made the connection sooner so I could have salvaged those months I essentially wasn't even there for. Namely our wedding and honeymoon. I regret how miserable I felt during that time and wish I could do it all over.
Regrets aside, I'm feeling better. Are my depression/anxiety things still an issue? Yes. Are they magnified times a million like they were two months ago when things hit rock bottom? No. They're manageable now and aren't affecting me nearly as much as they were previously.
All in all, thank you for sticking with me. Thank you for the prayers, advice, positive thoughts, comments, emails and more. I was amazed by how many of you reached out to share your experiences with struggling through similar things and very grateful.
I feel better, I feel like me and I feel like I can handle my life again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so incredibly happy to hear this...depression, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed is never fun or conductive to a happy life.
    SO yay for changes, and yay for taking awesome steps forward!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!