Five on Friday

Friday, October 3, 2014

It's been a while since I've done a five on Friday! I guess this week I just have a lot to be thankful for :)

1. Our living room is done! Other than the carpet, it is finished. Having the room in pieces and stuff/furniture everywhere was extremely stressful for me. At this rate, we'll have the rest of the house done in 10 months ;)



2. I met my first blog friend in real life this week! Of all the little towns in the country, Elisabeth and her husband moved to little old Findlay from Utah! Small world, huh? This was the first time I'd ever met a blogger I follow in real life and I was so nervous. But Elisabeth was wonderful, we had great conversation and will be getting together again soon :)

3. Fall in Ohio. Sigh. It's so beautiful, the weather is perfect and I just want it to be like this forever. I don't know that I have a "favorite" season, but between cuddly sweatshirts, having the fireplace on, delicious pumpkin-flavored everything and the amazing weather, I guess you could say fall is up there on my list!

4. Speaking of pumpkin-flavored, these white-chocolate chip pumpkin snicker doodles are perfect. They are my new fall go-to. If you like pumpkin, make these. You will love them, trust me. The recipe makes 18, but I typically double it. I made a quadruple batch for a work potluck today and I didn't come home with any!



5. This week I've been sleeping well. Despite having to work the 4am-12pm shift at work Wednesday, which threw my sleep schedule off a bit, I've been going to bed early and feeling rested in the morning. I've never been a good sleeper, so this is a big step in the right direction for me and I can definitely feel the effects already.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fireplace! So homey & cute.

    It's crazy how a sleep schedule can either break or make you! I know if I don't get enough sleep, it seriously affects every part of my life and not in a good way!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts on my posts. Let me know here!