|Ten minutes post-wisdom teeth removal. Because I promised.|
1. I dislike politics. It makes my being a journalist difficult during oh, say, election season. Thank goodness they're over for a few months.
2. My daily routine is so boring. Wake up, get ready for work, work, come home, shower, make dinner, read/watch tv/read blog, sleep.
3. My two dogs, Trigger (4) and Bo (6 months) are my life. I call them my fur babies. Trigger is a lab/beagle mix who basically looks like a lab but is beagle-sized. Bo is a full-blooded silver lab.
4. We bought our home in July and are in the process of revamping the inside. Not big renovations, just paint and flooring, mostly.
5. My biggest pet peeve is wet socks and pant legs.
6. Recently I decided to be happy. If you know anything about me, you know I've struggled with depression for a long time. I've tried battling it a number of ways, but making a concentrated effort to be happy is my latest tactic.
7. I am an on-air news reporter for three radio stations in my hometown. I love my job and it makes going to work very enjoyable!
8. Cameron and I got married on Feb. 15 and have sincerely enjoyed our first nine months of marriage.
9. I am the oldest of four kids. I am 22, my sister Merredeth is 21, my brother Cole is 20 and Olivia is 17. Four kids under five!
|My family! Merredeth, Cole, my mom, Cam, me, my dad and Olivia|
11. Cameron and I dated for almost five years before we got married. At about year three we decided we were ready for marriage, but wanted to wait until I graduated.
12. I've been working really hard on cooking more lately. I cooked every now and then while living at home with my family, but wasn't something I did on a regular basis. Same with Cameron. Now we realize either we cook, spend money on takeout or don't eat at all. Vicious cycle, really.
13. Reading is my favorite past-time. I don't have many other hobbies. I read in bed, in the car, while traveling, on the beach, anywhere and everywhere.
|One of my favorite honeymoon stops, Mahogany Bay.|
14. I don't drink coffee. I'm probably one of the few journalists in the world that can say that. In fact, I don't drink much caffeine at all. I prefer clear pop (like Sprite), but I would take a Gatorade, V8 or Arizona fruit punch over any kind of pop any day.
15. Fifteen is my lucky number, hence me ending with 15. Remember in school when they would number you in class? I was always 15. The day we just so happened to want to get married? 15th. That particular number has followed me around my entire life, so I've embraced it as my own.